Ryk M185 Sequencer - per step repeat and gate mode

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Ryk M185 Sequencer - per step repeat and gate mode

Post by Faustgeist » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 am

Super excited for the 5U version of this!
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

ryk
Common Wiggler

Post by ryk » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm

xahdrez wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi Ryk
Thanks for getting back to me. I've checked those components, and all are as expected (R28=120k, R32=10k, C12=1nJ63). Reflowing the joints on the connecters between the boards has fixed the issues with the pots and all now track properly in test mode. All switches work as expected (assuming that occasional jumps back to led 1 if you move slowly between switch stages is normal). When I calibrate CV1 with VR1 to set 5V at step 5, I get quite accurate voltage steps, but just not the right amounts (S1=2V, S2=2.75V, S3=3.5V, S4= 4. 75V, S5=5V) so it seem it is functioning at wrong ratios some how. Putting the trimmer as low as possible, I'm not able to get step 1 to 1V (only down to 1.24V) so seems I'm missing something else! Any further ideas?
Many thanks!
Nick

Hello

Sorry I am away on holiday for a week, so can’t easily help you at the moment.

Can you tell me exactly how you are measuring the CV output ( you would be surprised how some people are using the multimeter )

Does CH2 calibrate ok ?

Which firmware do you have ?

ryk
https://instagram.com/ryk_modular/

xahdrez
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xahdrez » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:55 pm

ryk wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm
xahdrez wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi Ryk
Thanks for getting back to me. I've checked those components, and all are as expected (R28=120k, R32=10k, C12=1nJ63). Reflowing the joints on the connecters between the boards has fixed the issues with the pots and all now track properly in test mode. All switches work as expected (assuming that occasional jumps back to led 1 if you move slowly between switch stages is normal). When I calibrate CV1 with VR1 to set 5V at step 5, I get quite accurate voltage steps, but just not the right amounts (S1=2V, S2=2.75V, S3=3.5V, S4= 4. 75V, S5=5V) so it seem it is functioning at wrong ratios some how. Putting the trimmer as low as possible, I'm not able to get step 1 to 1V (only down to 1.24V) so seems I'm missing something else! Any further ideas?
Many thanks!
Nick

Hello

Sorry I am away on holiday for a week, so can’t easily help you at the moment.

Can you tell me exactly how you are measuring the CV output ( you would be surprised how some people are using the multimeter )

Does CH2 calibrate ok ?

Which firmware do you have ?

ryk
Thanks Ryk - CH2 callibrates fine. CV output measured through ring and tip of jack lead, using 20V setting on multimeter (CH2 works exactly as expected this way so hopefully that's not it!!). Chip is 185 v3.3 but has not been updated via sysex yet (was assuming that wouldn't make such a difference, but maybe I'm wrong? Don't worry about getting back while your on holiday - have a nice break and let me know your thoughts when you get a chance!

Return to “Music Tech DIY”