NLC nonlinearcircuits 2018 modules

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by andrewF » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 am

nios wrote:Let's Splosh bears a functional resemblance to the Worng Vector Space; does anyone have experience with both of these by any chance to elucidate them for us?
I have never tried a Vector Space nor seen the schematic, so cannot say. The blurb says say inspired by the Wiard jag, but i haven't seen or used that one either. Maybe ask Worng, at least they can look at the Splosh schematic and comment on the differences?

Splosh is basically 8 difference-rectifiers with the 4 inputs connected to them in all different variations. The original version was developed in 2012.

oudplayer
Common Wiggler

Re: NLC nonlinearcircuits 2018 modules

Post by oudplayer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 am

Quick question as I'm nearing completion of a Dual LPG, but I see this issue might come up with a few of the other NLC builds I'm doing soon (Hyperchaos etc). The BOM hadn't mentioned much detail about the kind of 10uF caps other than that they should be greater than 25v and I had assumed that, like on other through-hole builds I had done that a 10uF cap would be a bipolar one. So I got some Nichicons:
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/datash ... a-1677.pdf
Oops, it seems I should have gotten MLCC caps instead. Would the bipolars work in a pinch? If so, I'm not sure what their position should be, as a + isn't indicated on the board, and I couldn't find any 10uF on the schematic at all.
Thanks!

andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by andrewF » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 am

On the dual LPG, the two 10uF caps are for decoupling, so you can use whatever you have. Tho mounting thru-hole parts on smd pads can be risky as the pads may lift if you bump the component.

btw - It was pointed out to me on Friday, there is an error in the BOM for the on-off-on switches. The ones linked in the BOM are momentary (https://www.taydaelectronics.com/moment ... ff-on.html)
They should be https://www.taydaelectronics.com/electr ... ff-on.html
dual lpg pads.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oudplayer
Common Wiggler

Post by oudplayer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 am

Many thanks Andrew, I'll try it out with bipolars at the moment (they're SMT but canisters so the main concern is just cramming them in there)—I have some 10uf mlccs that are taking the slow road to get here just in case, though.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”