[IC] Euro rack blanks

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

julian
i like synthesisers...

[IC] Euro rack blanks

Post by julian » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 am

I often see posts asking about tolerance, and the problems with getting metal cut-to-size at retailers for DIY euro blanks, so i am wondering if there would be any interest in me cutting some for people?

If i were to do this, the parts would be the correct size (my equipment is capable of cutting to a way smaller tolerance values than most!) but i am wondering if there would be interest.

I can think of two options -

Blank panels in 2.0mm natural anodised aluminium, no holes (ie no mounting holes)
or -
Blank panels in 2.0mm natural anodised aluminium, with circular mounting holes

The first option is one less process here, and im sure i could be more competitive with it.

I have no costing to show you yet - really this is just an interest check to see what option, if either, would be of interest. What i will say is that everything i produce is competativly priced, so, obviously, if this was to go ahead, the intention would be to follow this trend*.

*please bare in mind though that precision does cost money. i will never be able to match a local shop cutting non-anodised sheet with a +/- 2mm tolerance, so my work / pricing should never be compared to this kind of enterprise.

_________

For stocked euro / buchla / midibox see - http://thebeast.co.uk/?post_type=product

For custom cnc engraved panels see - http://thebeast.co.uk/?page_id=21

plushterry
Common Wiggler

Post by plushterry » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am

Yes I'm interested. Holes or no holes. I have a drill I'm willing to use.

csaban
Learning to Wiggle

Post by csaban » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm interested as well.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”