18-channel DIY Stereo Analog Vocoder

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

KaZpeR
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 18-channel DIY Stereo Analog Vocoder

Post by KaZpeR » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:50 pm

Flounderguts wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 am
KaZpeR wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:13 pm
Did your package track, mine just stops on 6/18 getting on da plane...

I’ve messaged Stephan, since I have little more than a tracking number to base anything on to ask if he could compare. Trying to have good thoughts, at least I didn’t order the other parts yet.
Track via USPS. It works great.
The strangeness in the delay has to be related to the strains and circumstances from the Pandemic. Both USPS & Post.AT shipping information was updated on July 15th, after almost a month. It’s been pretty normal since with updates as it goes through all the stops. As of today, it’s out of customs in Chicago and should be in my hands by mid next week. Agree that most of the time USPS is a good source, in this case it was handed to the airlines In Europe and than was stagnant nearly a month. 17track is also a great international shipping tracking tool.

I’m sure I wasn’t the only box from this batch that was stuck in Limbo and missed the first aero plane out.

KaZpeR
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KaZpeR » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:54 pm

gwpt wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 am
Hey Pando,
Yes, I've finished mine. I've been meaning to post some updates for a while but the world craziness distracted me :)

Here it is, I went for the black look and graduated colours for the knobs.

and here's a peek on the inside:

I've done a few large builds (Deckards, Kijimi) and this was on about the same scale.
What set it apart from those was the documentation. Simply wonderful. It had everything you'd need to do the build and then calibrate it.
For calibrate you'll need a DMM, oscilopscope and I found have a signal generator handy
I will follow up with some samples if you like :)
I really like the graduated knob colours that you used on this. I’ll probably do something similar on my build.

jfloftin
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jfloftin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am

I received my package. I now need to save up for the rest of the items. I am a Mac user. The BOM sent to us was created with the Windows version. Stephan and I tried multiple times and I found out that Windows and Mac versions of Office will not allow macros to work. Could someone here on the forum send me a Mouser BOM?

Thanks!

checkit
Learning to Wiggle

Post by checkit » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi jfloftin,

use the BOM PDF from Stephan,

http://vocoder.hoerold.com/Misc/Vocoder%20BOM.pdf

Is it that what you need?

Cheers Bernhard

jfloftin
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jfloftin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:15 pm

checkit wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi jfloftin,

use the BOM PDF from Stephan,

http://vocoder.hoerold.com/Misc/Vocoder%20BOM.pdf

Is it that what you need?

Cheers Bernhard

I looked at that 50+ page document. I want a link to a full BOM on Mouser if someone could do it for speeds sake. I have an account with Mouser and have been purchasing from them for years. Farnell seems to be too European for me since I live in the US. Thanks anyway Bernhard...

KaZpeR
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KaZpeR » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm

jfloftin wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:15 pm
I looked at that 50+ page document. I want a link to a full BOM on Mouser if someone could do it for speeds sake. I have an account with Mouser and have been purchasing from them for years. Farnell seems to be too European for me since I live in the US. Thanks anyway Bernhard...
I seen the issue on my Mac and can confirm that Microsoft office is not 100% computable across platforms. You can open the document in Libre Office or Google Sheets without error.

:moneyburn:The Mouser links are on the first post of this thread... :moneyburn:

You will need to source a few things elsewhere due to stocking issues or substitute. I also recommend that you look at the price breaks, you may buy 10 and need 2 for less sometimes.

KaZpeR
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KaZpeR » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:36 pm

glubsch wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Note: the bundle I am offering is not the whole kit. You will still have to order parts from your trusted distributor. There are three Mouser projects available:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”