Looking for a builder? Post here!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

johny_gtr
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by johny_gtr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:50 am

Looking for a builder of MU (5U) anodized panel. Design is from my side. If it's interesting, also porting one module form Euro to MU (if it's more interesting for you)
modular percussion and scapes - http://ovod.bandcamp.com
mu modular space electronica https://7k-ok.bandcamp.com

Kent
Large Member

EU repair/builder/trouble-shooter

Post by Kent » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 pm

I’ve got two Buchla modules that need finishing up and a piece of outboard gear that is blowing it’s mains fuse.

I’m too busy to fix them these days.

MikeDB
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MikeDB » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:01 am

Looking for someone in UK to solder up SMD prototype PCBs for me. Some will be audio, some not. Usually a couple of boards every three months or so.

Up until to now I've used the LCSC/JLCPCB SMD assembly service for most components and then soldered through hole connectors myself as they don't mount second pass items, but declining eyesight and the new Raspberry Pi CM4 100 way Hirose connectors force me to find someone who can solder ultra-fine pitch SMD connectors. I can either have the main components loaded at LCSC and you solder the connectors, or you solder the whole board, your choice. Other components are generally things like LQFPs or TSSOPs with 0603 and larger Rs and Cs as I don't normally use 0201s or 0402s.

I'd supply all the components either way. Please PM me if interested with a price per joint including visual inspection.

SonarBk
Common Wiggler

Post by SonarBk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi looking for someone to build a small stand-alone Eurorack case for me for a module that's deeper than my other cases. Its for the Grendel Drone Commander plus expander, which is 35 hp and 78 mm. I live in Brooklyn NY so local would be nice but anyone in the US or who can ship there for not too much. PM me, thanks!!!

GreenPiece
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GreenPiece » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:52 am

xxx - all set
Last edited by GreenPiece on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

hustlerwhite69
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hustlerwhite69 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello!

I'm lookin for someone to troubleshoot and finish a Psycox Syncussion SY 1M kit that I almost finished building earlier this year. I'm fairly confident that I soldered everything in the right place, and the thing powers on and makes sounds, but not the sounds it's supposed to. I contacted Simon who makes the kits who suggested that it's likely an issue with the SMD transistors. Here are videos of the weird sounds that it makes: and I live in LA county so it would be ideal to find someone nearby but open to shipping the kit too. Send a PM, thank you!

DieAutobarn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DieAutobarn » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello people,

I have all the parts for a Mutant Bass Drum but no time to build ATM. It would be great to hear from a builder who could take this on.

I'm based in Tricity, Poland.

hautlle
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hautlle » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:50 am

Hey everyone, I'm looking to pay someone to repair my Sonic Potions LXR.

It quit working a few years after I built it when we had a power brown-out. I don't have the resources to troubleshoot it. I'm in the US.

Please PM me with details.

daryll
Common Wiggler

Post by daryll » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Based In the UK
looking for someone to produce one off PCB`s
I will supply the PCB GIF`s , the correct size , mirrored and printed on a laser printer, the copper clad board , and the chemicals you need , I will drill the PCB`s later , just not confident to make them , they are for a digisoung-80 synth.
Approx 18 boards , most are 160 X100 mm , some smaller
For more info , please ask

Cheers

Daryll
there are 10 types of people in the world , those that understand the binary system , and those that dont

Return to “Music Tech DIY”