Looking for a builder? Post here!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

moremagic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moremagic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:21 am

hey yall im near charlotte nc and need a couple small repairs

first is an encoder/pot needs replaced on a roland sp-404sx
i have the part in hand.
its an smt job, and i can barely wire a guitar. i can disassemble and just ship the board if that is preferred. if you want the whole thing for troubleshooting or w/e i understand, plus it has battery power so thats a load off

i also have a f(h) choices which doesnt generate an offset on one axis; seems to be something with the switching jack since it attenuates external signals just fine

thanks for reading! if youre local(ish) id be happy to deliver and pick up, and so long as youre in the country shouldnt be no trouble shippin it

panda
Learning to Wiggle

Post by panda » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a builder UK or Europe based to build 2 Feedback Two59 VCOs and the Shaper.

Thanks,
Panda

m33pz0r
Learning to Wiggle

Baldwin Funster

Post by m33pz0r » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 am

hello

any builders out there from the midwest area? i usually am one to conquer my own diy projects but i have just recently gotten into all of this versus just playing synths for years and years. i have this great little baldwin funster organ and it has built in drums, quite a few different sounds, and sounds good as is but these organs are a dime a dozen in the midwest so it’s worth pennies if that. to me this seems to be a great place to start with diy but I would honestly like someone to show me the ropes of all the variables that go along with modifiying or building your own synth from scratch. has anyone ever used one of these old organs for a circuit bend? is there a ton of potential or near zero potential with this project? this is my first post, nice to meet everyone.

thanks
ImageImage

placebo92
Common Wiggler

Post by placebo92 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:13 pm

delete

declineofthewest
1-Post Wiggler

Turing Machine mk2 repair

Post by declineofthewest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 am

I built a Turing Machine (badly it seems) and it doesn't quite work as expected. The randomness seems to work and the big knob and pitch and pattern knobs seem to alter the sequence via the leds. Only problem is I don't get any noise output and nothing from the main output, rendering it fairly useless.
I have tried to see where the issue is but my soldering and DIY skills are poor so I'm hoping to find someone in the UK who could try and get it working for me.
Any takers!

NorthBro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by NorthBro » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:02 am

Hello,

I am looking for a builder in France, Paris to replace some potentiometers on make noise DPO and Erbe Verb.

PM me please.

Merci,
Carlos.

B0bcat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by B0bcat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:20 pm

found

bursttransmission
1-Post Wiggler

Looking to hire a hardware designer.

Post by bursttransmission » Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to hire a hardware design consultant who can provide guidance in the design of a Eurorack module including circuit design, PCB design, and parts sourcing. This would be partly educational for me, and I would be asking a lot of questions along the way, so if that bothers you we might not be a good fit. If you're interested please get in touch via email at matt@mattlundstrom.net. Like I said, this request is for hire, not for free.

If I'm posting in the wrong place please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Looking for someone who can build me a new case with basic specifications in EU.

PM for first contact

registeredwiggler
Common Wiggler

LF uO_C X 2

Post by registeredwiggler » Sun May 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Hello,

I’m looking for someone to build and calibrate two micro Ornaments and Crime.

I bought the PCBs, screens, encoders, jacks etc, but am having trouble sourcing all the SMT parts and after doing some practice boards am not sure i’ll be able to adequately solder in the tiny parts without any shorts.

Is anyone interested in this job as I’ve already succumb to the sunken cost fallacy and feel as though I need these built haha.

Cheers!

JakoGreyshire
Ultra Wiggler

Re: LF uO_C X 2

Post by JakoGreyshire » Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 pm

registeredwiggler wrote:Hello,

I’m looking for someone to build and calibrate two micro Ornaments and Crime.

I bought the PCBs, screens, encoders, jacks etc, but am having trouble sourcing all the SMT parts and after doing some practice boards am not sure i’ll be able to adequately solder in the tiny parts without any shorts.

Is anyone interested in this job as I’ve already succumb to the sunken cost fallacy and feel as though I need these built haha.

Cheers!
Where are you located at?
My YouTuBe Page...
The patch you've created in your brain is more challenging to modify than the patch you have on your modular.

workingklass0
Learning to Wiggle

Looking for Someone w/ Experience to Fix Two DIY Builds

Post by workingklass0 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 am

Greetings all!

I am looking to hire someone in the US with a good deal of electronics experience who can help me fix two DIY builds that are not working properly. The first build is the God's Box Humpback filter; the second is the Bassline module by Erica Synths.

If you are interested, send me a message, along with your rates, to workingklass0@yahoo.com.

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Looking for someone in Canada or the US to build me a 1u Peaks/Apex

https://pushermanproductions.com/produc ... anel-only/
https://pushermanproductions.com/produc ... ium-panel/

If you're interested, drop me a message with a price quote, estimated turnaround, etc.

Thanks.

Bulldognic
1-Post Wiggler

Turing Machine Bytes Expander builder wanted

Post by Bulldognic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi all,
Is there anyone in the UK or Europe who could build me a Bytes expander for a Mk1 Turing Machine I already have ( it has volts and pulses already attached ).
Any help is appreciated as I'm struggling to find one pre-built to buy and I haven't got the time & expertise to build myself.

Please send me a msg with a price quote ( if you already have one for sale or have a kit to build ).
I could provide the kit if needed.

Regards
Nic

beepnsleep
Common Wiggler

CGS Clarke68 Panel Quad Slope

Post by beepnsleep » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:43 pm

hey, I ordered a full kit for the Clarke68 dual DUSG Quad Slope and am looking to hire a builder! I am located in Chicago.

if you are interested, please PM me with a price and estimated turnaround time. Thanks in advance!

dot matrix madness
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dot matrix madness » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:48 am

I'm looking for somebody in Germany (area SB, HD, or AA would be easiest) who could burn three PROMs (AT 27C256, DIP-28 socket) for me.
(hithat, crash, and cymbal for a TR-909 clone like the NAVA 9090).
PM me. Thanks!
Licenced to solder since 1993

sillyquestions?
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sillyquestions? » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Looking for a UK builder that can fix my VCFQ and lil erebus. Had a go at them and both dont work! PM me please

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi

I'm looking for someone that could help me build my first skiff.
I want to use specific bus boards etc. (Mungo) and the best possible power solution for a small skiff or two rows case. I don't know yet what the best solution for this purpose, but I want something that never does problems.

I could imagine to hire someone to do that for me or maybe give me a good amount of (paid) advice.

alankalter
Learning to Wiggle

Lyra-8 builder wanted Los Angeles

Post by alankalter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:43 pm

I bought the Lyra-8 DIY kit from Vlad last year and realized i'm in over my head. They (understandably) dont do returns on this, so I'm looking for someone preferably in Los Angeles area to do the build, ill take care of the enclosure. Let me know if you are interested!

kosta
Common Wiggler

Post by kosta » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Looking for someone to finish my Klee sequencer build (from an Electro-Music.com kit.) The boards are 66% populated and soldered I'd estimate. Shoot me a PM if you can help. Thanks!

gb2
Common Wiggler

Post by gb2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 am

hey, i'm looking for someone to build me an Antumbra Bank - http://antumbra.eu/redesign/bank

i'm located in germany, but as it seems to be sold out in the EU store, i would also be open to have the built shipped over from the US or so.

paperCUT
Veteran Wiggler

Post by paperCUT » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm looking for someone who could do some really simple Arduino programming 8-) I have an idea for a pretty useful panning module but the programming required is just a bit beyond me. I'd be happy to chat with anyone interested, the hardware and everything would be open source of course.

:help:

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:15 pm

wrong thread

Nidopallium
Common Wiggler

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by Nidopallium » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:02 pm

I’m interested in a Buchla 208 clone.

http://www.portabellabz.be/208pcb.html

As a relative noob in DIY, I might need help ordering components as well as a build.

PM with any info if you might be able to help.

misa
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by misa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Nidopallium wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:02 pm
I’m interested in a Buchla 208 clone.

http://www.portabellabz.be/208pcb.html

As a relative noob in DIY, I might need help ordering components as well as a build.

PM with any info if you might be able to help.
Have your considered asking papz himself to build one for you?

It’s quite a project, so it can seem daunting, depending on your expertise.

kainiggemann.bandcamp.com
anterasa.bandcamp.com
gratofficial.bandcamp.com
thedorf.net

Return to “Music Tech DIY”