VCS3 Card for 208 and Easel build thread

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

bishopmagicdonjuan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bishopmagicdonjuan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 am

is there a way to adapt this into a MU module???

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by papz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:04 am

Mounting the PCB into a MU module is possible as long as you can take care of the adaptation, panel and mounting yourself.
The edge connector pinout is in the build notes.
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: VCS3 Card for 208 and Easel build thread

Post by papz » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:13 pm

It is possible to scale the frequency input banana for 1V/oct or 1.2V/oct by adding a 100k trimpot in parallel with the 75k resistor. I'll likely add this feature to the PCB for the next run.

I can get good tracking over 4-5 octaves with a single turn 3362 trimmer but you can use a multiturn 3296 one for more accuracy.

Solder 2 legs of the trimmer (the central one and another one or the other, it's the same) and leave the third leg unconnected (you can snip it) as shown on the pics.

Then turn the frequency attenuverter pot fully CW, switch the "key" switch to the low position, patch your CV source to the banana socket and adjust the added trimmer to get correct scaling, I tested with the 218e 1.2V/oct but should work perfect with 1V/oct.
So when you want scaled CV, you'll simply turn the pot fully CW, no further adjustment will be needed.

IMG_1370.resized.JPG
IMG_1371.resized.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”