General Info - LOGAN SOLOMAN - ENIGMA and DAVID

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am

To get a feeling about which size we talk...
The picture shows from left to right (only):
Preamp/ringmod, VCO1, VCO2, VCO3, VCF4012, VCA.
At bottom the Powersupply, Eurorack module, STP4012 (MOTM 5U).

Powersupply with less ripple under load with 500mA.
################################
TTSH Support Page and other DIY Projects:
https://www.DSL-man.de

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm

For those of you who have bought David and/or Enigma and are not on Facebarf, please contact me.

If you have NOT bought your power supplies yet we have managed to get a couple bucks off of Mouser pricing so we can include those in the next phase for you.

For the TRACOs they are working with TRACO to expedite the production of them especially for us!

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Pretty waves coming fromthe Waveshaper on VCO2!!

LED MAN took the picture and built this one up.

VCO1, VCO2, VCO3, Filter, VCA, Preamp/Ring Modulator modules all confirmed working and BOMs finalized!

Phase III of David and Phase II of Enigma coming soon![/img]

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am

Some audio of David. Keep in mind Enigma will sound IDENTICAL to this. Enigma is just a smaller package. This is all raw sound no processing.

First video taken by Patrick. About 20 seconds into it you can hear the nasty overdrive on the filter module:
[video][/video]

This video is a bit longer. Patrick goes through and tweaks some sliders and shows the result on the scope. About 7 minutes in you get some lower frequencies and you can really get a sense for how fat this will be.
[video][/video]
[/video]

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:37 am

***Edit - Patrick fixed the levels and re-recorded. Better comparison.

Patrick recorded this comparison video of David/Enigma vs the TTSH so everyone can hear each synth side by side at the same settings.

[video][/video]
Last edited by aquatarkus on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 am

Please use this new upload

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 am

Patrick - Done!

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Too bad.. nobody want see it :(

jimfowler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimfowler » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Sounds awesome. I should be able to start my build within the next week or so.

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am

I‘m lucky that this modification isn’t needed with ENIGMA (all waveforms at VCO1/2/3)
spend again few hours to modify a TTSH.

ishi
Common Wiggler

Post by ishi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 pm

What's the status of these projects? Any news about the 2500? Would love to see some demo videos.. Are there other places where info about this is shared publicly?

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Sorry for the late response, been dealing with some difficult issues with Jammie. We've had a delay in the project in recent months. For those of you not on Facebarf, this is what I posted in response to someone in the LS public group:

Hello Everyone -

I'm in a bit of a weird spot here, but I feel the need to address Steve's comments and concerns. As my partner I always owe Jammie the benefit of the doubt. So please know that I support him 100%. At the same time if I stand by and say/do nothing, then I'm no better than the abused spouse that does nothing in a toxic relationship. Co-dependence is no good for anyone and on top of that, I've never been one to shy away from facing difficult situations and I don't plan on starting now. I'm not going to sit here and bash Jammie either, because that's not how I roll and I would never do that to my partner. Truthiness on the other hand is completely different. And where he needs to work on things, I have no problem acknowledging that. Communication is definitely one of those things.

I understand what Steve is saying, and knowing Steve - I know it's coming from his heart in order to push things along faster. Steve's the guy in front of you slapping you in the face saying "Get a hold of yourself, man!! You got this. Pick yourself up and finish this shit" Steve, and anyone else has every right to do that.

What's lead us to this point is that over the last few months there's been an intersection of serious physical and serious mental/emotional challenges that have culminated in Jammie's inability to work.

What I can say publicly is what Jammie has already expressed in the open to his friends. He is not shy about his struggles with bi-polar disease, which is a brave thing. Dave1 from Chromeo speaks out about depression too - he's one of the only guys I've ever noticed that speaks publicly about it besides Jammie. It's a fucked up condition and all of us that don't suffer from it have no idea what goes on inside someone's head, or how someone like that feels. I think it is no secret by now for anyone that has observed Jammie's behavior that when he's up, he's flying high and pumping out files with extreme mania and when he's down - it's complete silence. Jammie has described it to me like this many times in our conversations. His Depression has been so bad in the past that last year he didn't speak to me for about 3 months. I reached out to him, his wife, his kids almost daily - nothing. No response. It was pretty scary for me the first time it happened as I had no experience with it before. You think something is terribly wrong with this person and you only want to help. Meanwhile that person is struggling emotionally with a giant wall up so communication is effectively dead.

So when Jammie doesn't even respond to me as he is now - there is usually something going on. It's either medical, or he's in depression. This does not mean that I condone the behavior of no communication. I can try to say, "I understand", but I don't understand it as much as I try my very best to. At least this time his wife (who he shares a FB account with) is replying to me.

Clearly this is hard for me. Supporting my partner, being in a partnership with someone that has mental health challenges, having spotty communication with that person, and trying to balance everything. All I can say is that I'm doing my best to facilitate everything.

If you have something to say 1) express your feelings and tag Jammie in your posts to let him know how you feel and 2) Let him know that you are still excited to see the finish of this project as soon as possible, especially after hearing Patrick and Christian's sound demos.

As long as things are constructive there is no reason for anyone to get mad or upset. Steve started the discussion, and for that I thank him. I get where he is coming from. To Rob Keeble we're not dead. We just were waiting to post anything here until we had finished products. We did all the posting in the private groups because there wasn't much to report to the folks who aren't involved in Alpha.

Here's my PSA:

Don't ever assume you know someone or what they are dealing with. When you sit behind a keyboard and type nonconstructive criticism and hate or badger someone because you don't like them you never know how deeply it impacts another soul. It could be something personal, something about their designs, giving someone grief over the type of font they used on a panel with no regard to how much work went into it or how it sounds, the way they look or act, beliefs, habits, etc.etc Think twice before you become a keyboard warrior.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jim

I've had a little bit of communication from his wife as of late and supposedly he is coming out of his depressive state little by little. Time will tell. I'm working the best I can to update our groups every week with any "progress" he makes. The project is not dead by any means, Jammie is just severely crippled emotionally right now so it's going slower than anyone would want. Perhaps people here know someone with Bi-Polar and can relate.

Fortunately on the Polyfusion front, we haven't lost much time on the mono synth because Ron Folkman (obviously) is an engineer and he and I continue to design the front panel, scope parts, work on the block chart, work on schematics, etc etc.

With LS, Jammie is the only engineer and it obviously slows us down when he has manic and depressive episodes.

Again, thanks for your understanding while Jammie rights himself mentally.

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Post by Peake » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:06 pm

My best support to you both. As someone who is dual diagnosis I wish to say you've handled this positively. I hope we can support Jammie well. I look forward to all these excellent projects.
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

jimfowler
Veteran Wiggler

Re: General Info - LOGAN SOLOMAN - ENIGMA and DAVID

Post by jimfowler » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Any progress on this? Been radio silence for some time...

Return to “Music Tech DIY”