[AVAILABLE] TTSH V4 Build Thread

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

stoplitewigglin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stoplitewigglin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:11 am

Oh my oh my. Will there be a store proposing this in Europe ?

ThomasT
Learning to Wiggle

asdfasdf

Post by ThomasT » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:32 pm

So looking forward to this synth!

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Here's a brief update--

- The vast majority of parts necessary for kits and assembled units are in the shop; a few longer lead items are still outstanding, but not expected to go much past early August. Shop is chock full of slider led boxes, reverb tanks, resistor and cap reels etc etc etc!
- Expected date for delivery of PCB sets to us is around 27-30 July
- Panels and metal cases are in metal fabrication now, expected to be moved from fab to paint by about 2 August to 5 August. Paint should take 2-3 weeks.
- The first batch of wood studio cases are expected to be done around 1 August, in poplar, walnut and cherry.
- Final details are being worked out for tolex-covered road cases, which should be available late August or so.
- A new Midimplant unit is being made for the TTSH v4; the only case modification necessary will be allowing for one 5pin DIN 'MIDI IN' connector. Pre-order customers that request the Midimplant modification will have that hole already made in their case before its shipped. Builders can opt to modify their own cases to allow for a MIDI-THROUGH jack with some very modest changes to the base Midimplant wiring.

So for knock on wood-- we're tracking reasonably well for deliveries.

IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT (for any configuration OTHER THAN pcb set+panel)-- you should have received an email from us asking you to specify the final configuration of your kit options. Those who have replied to the emails should have received invoices from us. IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT but have not received or seen the email from us, please contact us so we can make sure to get it to you.
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

smiler
Learning to Wiggle

Post by smiler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 am

synthcube wrote:IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT (for any configuration OTHER THAN pcb set+panel)-- you should have received an email from us asking you to specify the final configuration of your kit options. Those who have replied to the emails should have received invoices from us. IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT but have not received or seen the email from us, please contact us so we can make sure to get it to you.
I have not received said invoice after replying to the configuration mail. I've sent you a mail, can you confirm that you received it :)

tenma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tenma » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:08 pm

synthcube wrote:
IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT (for any configuration OTHER THAN pcb set+panel)-- you should have received an email from us asking you to specify the final configuration of your kit options. Those who have replied to the emails should have received invoices from us. IF YOU PLACED A PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT but have not received or seen the email from us, please contact us so we can make sure to get it to you.
I too have yet to receive my invoice. I am waiting over a week now and am wondering if my place in line is dropping by the day. I emailed a week ago and then several times thereafter. It's a pity

Synth Con Meo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Synth Con Meo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:44 pm

tenma wrote:
synthcube wrote:
I too have yet to receive my invoice. I am waiting over a week now and am wondering if my place in line is dropping by the day. I emailed a week ago and then several times thereafter. It's a pity
Ok I just received my invoice after almost (2) weeks from my response. I think they were just trying to gather information before formulating how they are going to handle the orders. That's what I was thinking why it's taking awhile to get the invoices out. :despair:

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:27 pm

hey gang- a quick update--

- on the topic of queueing for invoices and fulfillment-- we are being very scrupulous about keeping the order. In a couple instances original replies to our emails landed in spam, but in those instances we gave the customer the benefit of their original reply date, not the later one. IF YOU HAVE MADE A PRE-ORDER AND HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED AN INVOICE-- please PM us or email us. We will sort it out.

- All parts in are the house. PCB sets are enroute. Metal fabrication for panels and cases is delayed, but only by a few days (a minor tooling issue)--

Thanks for the support- we are quite excited around here to start seeing the PCB sets, panels and cases... metal and wood!!

smiler
Learning to Wiggle

Post by smiler » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:35 am

synthcube wrote:- on the topic of queueing for invoices and fulfillment-- we are being very scrupulous about keeping the order. In a couple instances original replies to our emails landed in spam, but in those instances we gave the customer the benefit of their original reply date, not the later one. IF YOU HAVE MADE A PRE-ORDER AND HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED AN INVOICE-- please PM us or email us. We will sort it out.
Sent you a PM :)

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:11 am

got it- thanks-- we have re-sent the email and look forward to hearing back!

BillLynes
Common Wiggler

Post by BillLynes » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:46 am

synthcube wrote:very close, but if you want to allow us a week or so and we'll publish the revised updated one--
Is there an updated BOM available yet?

Thanks

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 am

for those considering a synthCube tolex road case for their TTSH v4, here's a little teaser.. With full credit to the case maker for the idea, we are adding a zipper pouch that snaps inside the lid to hold power brick, cables etc--- just a little fun add so you have less clutter...

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:27 am

Hey folks--- we've gotten some feedback in the last couple of days that some of our TTSH configuration emails have landed in spam folders... so... if you have made a TTSH pre-order and have NOT YET received an email from us with configuration options, please check your spam folder and contact us via email or PM.

Right now, we believe we are up to date with invoicing for everyone who has replied to our configuration emails, so if you have not received that email or an invoice, we'd like to get fully caught up--- thank you

synthcube
you will be assimilated

LAST CHANCE- PRE ORDER PRICING

Post by synthcube » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Things are progressing nicely!

We are going to leave the Pre-Order open for another 5 days--- this will be your last chance to score a TTSHv4 at PRE-ORDER pricing. After 16 August 2019, we will update prices in the webstore for all configurations. So if you'd like to save a few bucks on your TTSHv4, you can pre-order now.

here's the link: TTSHv4 Pre-Order

Attached is the BOM v1.1. CAUTION USE AT YOUR OWN RISK THIS HAS NOT BEEN FULLY REVIEWED BY TEST BUILDERS AGAINST THE NEW TTSHV4 PCB SET. Fair warning. Although we expect the final BOM to be very close to this :)

Alternate part suggestions courtesy of fuzzbuilt (thanks anthony) for DIY-friendliness and parts availability.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaytee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaytee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Are prices for all configurations definitely going up? I’d really love a PCB/panel but not sure I can grab one just yet...and they’re already about $100 more than what I paid for my rev3 PCB/panel set direct from THC.

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

Yes, going up. For one example, we received a big batch of PCBs today that had an unforseen $1950 customs and duties invoice attached to it :(

We'll keep pricing as aggressive and DIY friendly as we can...

goyousalukis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by goyousalukis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:08 am

This is awesome - I just pre-ordered a PCB/Panel set. I don't know if anyone is interested, but I plan to do some sort of custom wood case for mine with CNC and/or Laser engraving. I am an experienced woodworker and have a CNC router and a Laser engraver in case anyone is interested.

I can't wait to get started.

BillLynes
Common Wiggler

Post by BillLynes » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Is there an updated set of schematics available for TTSH V4?

Similar to this earlier set on the human comparitor web site.

http://thehumancomparator.net/wordpress ... matics.pdf

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Still stinging from the import tariffs, but despite that, its a thing of beauty:

updated schematics coming soon

smiler
Learning to Wiggle

Post by smiler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:26 am

That looks amazing!

tobb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tobb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 pm

synthcube wrote:Yes, going up. For one example, we received a big batch of PCBs today that had an unforseen $1950 customs and duties invoice attached to it :(

We'll keep pricing as aggressive and DIY friendly as we can...
Why 'unforseen' ?

If its coming outside the USA and you have not forseen the way to 100% avoid added taxes then it can't be a bad surprise.

KlangGenerator
Common Wiggler

Post by KlangGenerator » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 pm

And reimporting them again to Europe will burn some more money at customs unfortunately. :moneyburn:

Anyway, I am still happy to see another run.

search64
Ultra Wiggler

Post by search64 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:19 am

Couldn’t help myself, don’t tell my wife. Jumped aboard this train with the pcb, panel & case.

Some of the harder to source parts can be ordered in addition if I understand correctly right?

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 am

search64 wrote:Couldn’t help myself, don’t tell my wife. Jumped aboard this train with the pcb, panel & case.

Some of the harder to source parts can be ordered in addition if I understand correctly right?
Correct, yes-- we'll have an 'ala carte' parts page, with all of the harder-to-find parts listed.. order only what you need... thanks!

search64
Ultra Wiggler

Post by search64 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 am

This might be another speaker alternative:

Eminence ALPHA 3-32

This is the 32 ohm variant. Price is around 20-25 USD.

fuzzbass
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fuzzbass » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm

search64 wrote:This might be another speaker alternative:

Eminence ALPHA 3-32

This is the 32 ohm variant. Price is around 20-25 USD.
At 32 ohms, these won't be as loud as the 8 ohm Peerless speakers, but they will function more stably with the existing amplifiers. What I observed with the Peerless speakers is that with low frequency content and sliders above 75%, the drivers were bottoming out, breaking up, and kicking back spikes, which were hitting the power rails and affecting stuff all over the synth.

Important to remember however, that the synth is not a proper baffle or enclosure for any loudspeaker, so throwing money at the speakers will only get you so far...
Wired for weird

Return to “Music Tech DIY”