[AVAILABLE] TTSH V4 Build Thread

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

fuzzbass
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fuzzbass » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:43 am

gruebleengourd wrote:What is the meaning of the TOBU3 label on the mainboard?
No significance for building.
Wired for weird

Jfettig
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Jfettig » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:49 am

synthcube wrote:
Jim the Oldbie wrote:Do you send emails with ship notifications and/or tracking #s when orders ship?
we do, yes. They are generated by the shipping system when the label is printed.
Thanks
(Refreshes email every 30 minutes all month long)

Jfettig
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Jfettig » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:40 pm

Jfettig wrote:
synthcube wrote:
Jim the Oldbie wrote:Do you send emails with ship notifications and/or tracking #s when orders ship?
we do, yes. They are generated by the shipping system when the label is printed.
Thanks
That worked!

Got my shipment notification 3 hours later! Can't wait!!!

:party: :bananaguitar: :goo:

gruebleengourd
Veteran Wiggler

Post by gruebleengourd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:54 am

fuzzbass wrote:
gruebleengourd wrote:What is the meaning of the TOBU3 label on the mainboard?
No significance for building.
Yes, but what does TOBU3 mean? I presume it's an access point to some bus? or??

Purveyor2
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Purveyor2 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Jfettig wrote:
Jfettig wrote:
synthcube wrote:
Thanks
That worked!

Got my shipment notification 3 hours later! Can't wait!!!

:party: :bananaguitar: :goo:
Hasn't worked for me yet...

sqweebking
Learning to Wiggle

1uF elco count?

Post by sqweebking » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Build guide says there should be 32 count 1uF electrolytic caps but the BOM/full kit only comes with 31? Can I get a confirmation on which is correct?

Thanks

Edit: By my count the RM only needs 3 1uF caps instead of the 4 in the guide, could still use a double check though because I may be blind :despair:

Purveyor2
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Purveyor2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Got my shipping notification :nana:

thecivildefense
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thecivildefense » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:48 pm

I've been checking my mails like crazy too. So stoked to get started with this thing.

sqweebking
Learning to Wiggle

10k resistor count

Post by sqweebking » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm

FYI the BOM/full kit only come with 18x 10k resistors (Line 83) but the build/guide requires 19 total. Is there one that can or should be substituted somewhere?

10k's by board/section:
1x - 4012
3x - 4072
2x - RM
1x - VCO2
4x - EG
1x - MIX
5x - S&H
1x - AMP
1x - LED

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am

ORDERED FULL KIT + CASE LAST NIGHT AGGHGHGHGHGHGHGH
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

fuzzbass
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: 10k resistor count

Post by fuzzbass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 pm

sqweebking wrote:FYI the BOM/full kit only come with 18x 10k resistors (Line 83) but the build/guide requires 19 total. Is there one that can or should be substituted somewhere?

10k's by board/section:
1x - 4012
3x - 4072
2x - RM
1x - VCO2
4x - EG
1x - MIX
5x - S&H
1x - AMP
1x - LED
This one is my fault. I gave Synthcube a faulty count at one point, and it made it into the current BOM.

Synthcube, please correct the quantity of 10K resistors in the BOM to 19.

Sorry!
Wired for weird

dComposer
Common Wiggler

Post by dComposer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Speaking of resistors: anyone know which resistor goes in R17 of the gate booster board? I’m not seeing it in the bom or build guide. Thanks!

sqweebking
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sqweebking » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 pm

dComposer wrote:Speaking of resistors: anyone know which resistor goes in R17 of the gate booster board? I’m not seeing it in the bom or build guide. Thanks!
Mine is a 1k and I believe is referred to as part of the "optional LED parts" in the build guide but was included in the full kit from Synthcube. Gate booster bags are marked with component locations too.

dBVelocity
Common Wiggler

Post by dBVelocity » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 am

Ok, I've come to my first head scratcher.. what is the orientation for the MJE's on the silkscreen? It looks like a slight thicker line to one side so I'd assume it's the back without the writing, but I'd hate to assume at this point.

All help is appreciated here. Thank you.

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:50 am

dBVelocity wrote:Ok, I've come to my first head scratcher.. what is the orientation for the MJE's on the silkscreen? It looks like a slight thicker line to one side so I'd assume it's the back without the writing, but I'd hate to assume at this point.

All help is appreciated here. Thank you.
The blank side to bottom
################################
TTSH Support Page and other DIY Projects:
https://www.DSL-man.de

zarar
Common Wiggler

Post by zarar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 am

Anyone else not hearing anything from Synthcube? I've paid the invoice mid september, but not getting any replies to my emails anymore?

beliefsystemrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by beliefsystemrecords » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 am

Is there a way to get the BOM as a csv/excell sheet?

tenma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tenma » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:38 am

zarar wrote:Anyone else not hearing anything from Synthcube? I've paid the invoice mid September, but not getting any replies to my emails anymore?
I paid my invoice in July and still haven't received a dispatch note.. It seems to be hit and miss when I message/email/pm them if they will reply. The last I heard of my order was that I was in the next batch of 5 or so and that was a week ago. ( I would have imagined they would be able to assemble the kits at a rate of more than 5 a week ).

I would've thought I was further along the queue also but I guess I could never know. If you bought yours in September then you might be in for a considerable wait. Granted also it depends if your order is for case/panel/pcb etc

zarar
Common Wiggler

Post by zarar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 am

tenma wrote:
zarar wrote:Anyone else not hearing anything from Synthcube? I've paid the invoice mid September, but not getting any replies to my emails anymore?
I paid my invoice in July and still haven't received a dispatch note.. It seems to be hit and miss when I message/email/pm them if they will reply. The last I heard of my order was that I was in the next batch of 5 or so and that was a week ago. ( I would have imagined they would be able to assemble the kits at a rate of more than 5 a week ).

I would've thought I was further along the queue also but I guess I could never know. If you bought yours in September then you might be in for a considerable wait. Granted also it depends if your order is for case/panel/pcb etc
I figured it would be pretty fast, since i ordered pcb+panel only, but ok!

nickbtx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nickbtx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 am

zarar wrote:
tenma wrote:

I figured it would be pretty fast, since i ordered pcb+panel only, but ok!
One can't help but wonder if there aren't delays due to issues with the early panels, e.g. hole not drilled and paint build up in the slots. If they have to rework the panels, that could take time. I'd been told "early to mid November" but based on what I'm reading here that's not likely to happen. I have no doubt Synthcube wants to ship them out asap so their inbox will quit filling up with questions about ship dates. ;)

dComposer
Common Wiggler

Post by dComposer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:25 pm

sqweebking wrote:
dComposer wrote:Speaking of resistors: anyone know which resistor goes in R17 of the gate booster board? I’m not seeing it in the bom or build guide. Thanks!
Mine is a 1k and I believe is referred to as part of the "optional LED parts" in the build guide but was included in the full kit from Synthcube. Gate booster bags are marked with component locations too.
Ahh yeah I didn’t order the full kit so I don’t have that info. I ordered the bom from the pdf that’s posted on the first page so I should have all the parts. I don’t see any reference for r17 though...

fuzzbass
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fuzzbass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:29 pm

dComposer wrote:
sqweebking wrote:
Ahh yeah I didn’t order the full kit so I don’t have that info. I ordered the bom from the pdf that’s posted on the first page so I should have all the parts. I don’t see any reference for r17 though...
R17 = 1k and Q3 = 2N3904. LED is builder's choice. Synthcube had the main board modified to provide mount points for the Gate Booster. Installed in this location, the LED function is convoluted/impractical so the parts for it are omitted from the BOM and build guide.
Wired for weird

sqweebking
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sqweebking » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 am

Hate to say it but I've got about 5 slider holes that need to be filed in order to allow movement, all of them are close to the edge of the panel. :doh:

I also noticed a chip in the paint on the top left corner - the packaging was fine so I suspect it took damage before shipping :hmm:

Otherwise its coming along nicely

redonkulousemu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by redonkulousemu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Luckily, I only had one slider that was completely immobile, also at the edge; the envelope follower pre-amp slider. I still had to lightly file pretty much all the holes to have nice smooth travel. Most were so light though that they probably would of fixed themselves moving the slider enough.

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but the headphone jack should also be enlarged. I had to file it down almost to bare metal to get mine to fit through.

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Post by synthcube » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am

greetings all
another full day ahead packing and shipping TTSH orders :)

We are replying to emails as often as practical, as you might imagine a fairly high volume of 'can you tell me what date my TTSH will ship? :)

the slot/hole clearance issue seems hit or miss; some panels not at all, others with at least a few slots that need to have a little paint filed for clearance. We are addressing that issue for future runs with metal and paint shop.

we will adjust the master BOM to include 19 X 10K rather than 18; if you received 18 and don't have a spare, we will be happy to send one.

if you ordered midiplants and/or slider pot caps, they are still in production and will ship to you when they arrive here.

it's really awesome to see forward progress on these with builders!
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

Return to “Music Tech DIY”