[IC] Fatar 37 TP/9S keybed group buy

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:00 pm

JanneI wrote:Just chop a new 49 fatar..
you have to be very careful if you wanna shorten a fatar from the bottom end, the aftertouch strip connectors and possibly some other stuff run through there.

User avatar
Kevin Mitchell
Common Wiggler
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 am

JanneI wrote: ...for a minimoog clone? Just chop a new 49 fatar..
I've already chopped a used 61 fatar TP/9S. It would just be ideal to have a source for these. That way me or anyone trying to build or rebuild a model D aren't running about chopping keyboards.
weasel79 wrote: you have to be very careful if you wanna shorten a fatar from the bottom end, the aftertouch strip connectors and possibly some other stuff run through there.
Too late lol. But I plan to replace the soft pot anyhow.

Image


-KM

User avatar
devinw1
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by devinw1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am

No turnin' back now! :lol:

User avatar
Kevin Mitchell
Common Wiggler
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:31 am

Does anyone know if the full black versions are available for purchase? It's probably not what most folks are after but I'd love to have a couple for myself.

It would be great if there was an easier way to communicate with Fatar without having to jump through hoops and learning Italian :hihi: There's plenty of folks that can help meet the demand to justify a group buy.

Just a thought!
-KM

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Kevin Mitchell wrote:Does anyone know if the full black versions are available for purchase? It's probably not what most folks are after but I'd love to have a couple for myself.
from what i understood from my fatar plug they basically make whatever you want. each run is more or less produced on demand, that's why different buyers "semi-weighted" version of the same keybed might still be different, ie. korg fatar TP8 might be slightly heavier than moogs TP8 version of they asked for it. So i can imagine the same goes for all black keys. Iff you order a high enough amount/pay the possible extra cost, they'll build whatever you ask them.

i think your best bet for group buys are ggoing througgh someone from this scene who has an established link, like OP.

User avatar
synthcube
you will be assimilated
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by synthcube » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm

yes, having invested a fair amount of time to finally make contact with them, we're happy to facilitate one or more group buys
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

User avatar
devinw1
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by devinw1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:31 pm

weasel79 wrote:
Kevin Mitchell wrote:Does anyone know if the full black versions are available for purchase? It's probably not what most folks are after but I'd love to have a couple for myself.
from what i understood from my fatar plug they basically make whatever you want. each run is more or less produced on demand, that's why different buyers "semi-weighted" version of the same keybed might still be different, ie. korg fatar TP8 might be slightly heavier than moogs TP8 version of they asked for it. So i can imagine the same goes for all black keys. Iff you order a high enough amount/pay the possible extra cost, they'll build whatever you ask them.

i think your best bet for group buys are ggoing througgh someone from this scene who has an established link, like OP.
Yes, they don't make ANYTHING onesie twosie that's for sure, and they don't stock anything to sell or act as a distributer. That's why SC is looking at getting the 37 key version for PRO2021, because they will have to, in one shape or form, buy a pallet of these from Fatar (that's how they sell them). If there were any differences (color, key number, etc..) it would be a matter of getting a full pallet of that version. No getting around that, unless someone wants to buy out Fatar and take over :D.

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:30 pm

actually once you are "accepted" as a customer their min sales unit is 5pcs not a pallet but yeah it ain't easy for sure. probably worse if you want something special.
very excited to grab some of these 37s, awesome opportunity. any schedule updates here, OP?
my daughters synth can't wait too long, worst case i have to revert back to plan a, chopping up my arturia keystep...

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:31 am

oi, with MW back up, where's them keyboards at?

User avatar
synthcube
you will be assimilated
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by synthcube » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 am

hang in there-- working on the order and more details to follow...
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

User avatar
Kevin Mitchell
Common Wiggler
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:58 am

weasel79 wrote: my daughters synth can't wait too long, worst case i have to revert back to plan a, chopping up my arturia keystep...
Those keybeds are flimsy to all hell. I had one from ebay (paid like $2.50) and it fell apart just from being moved around in the workshop. Had to toss it.

-KM

artiste
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by artiste » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Just wanted to say that I am very interested in getting one of those 9S keyboards.

The official Website of Fatar says:
Universal Keyboard for any kind of instrument (Synthesizers, home organs...). The keyboard is available in various configurations: 37, 44, 49 & 76 weighted and unweighted keys, dynamic or monophonic bubble contacts. Monophonic aftertouch.
As you can see there is nothing metioned about semi-weighted keys and that is why I was wondering how you can get them...

User avatar
devinw1
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by devinw1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:08 pm

artiste wrote:Just wanted to say that I am very interested in getting one of those 9S keyboards.

The official Website of Fatar says:
Universal Keyboard for any kind of instrument (Synthesizers, home organs...). The keyboard is available in various configurations: 37, 44, 49 & 76 weighted and unweighted keys, dynamic or monophonic bubble contacts. Monophonic aftertouch.
As you can see there is nothing metioned about semi-weighted keys and that is why I was wondering how you can get them...
That Fatar website is pretty jank though man. Looks like it's from the 90s. I wouldn't necessarily trust anything on there.

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Kevin Mitchell wrote:
weasel79 wrote:arturia keystep...
Those keybeds are flimsy to all hell. I had one from ebay (paid like $2.50) and it fell apart just from being moved around in the workshop. Had to toss it.

-KM
surely not a fatar but out of about 5-6 different mini-key-controllers i had over the years (korg, akai, etc) the sturdiest and most playable still, imho.
plus i always liked 32-key boards that start on a F instead of a C.

weasel79
Common Wiggler
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 am

Post by weasel79 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:05 am

soooo is this still happening?

User avatar
synthcube
you will be assimilated
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by synthcube » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:46 am

Yes it is-- details to follow soon
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

User avatar
Sikkboy
Common Wiggler
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Sikkboy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Interested!

User avatar
Kevin Mitchell
Common Wiggler
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 am

synthcube wrote:Yes it is-- details to follow soon
:hyper:

User avatar
clownpuncher
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by clownpuncher » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:02 pm

synthcube wrote:Yes it is-- details to follow soon
:banana: Woo :banana:

User avatar
synthcube
you will be assimilated
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by synthcube » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 pm

We've placed the PO with Fatar and are awaiting their invoice, estimated shipping date and details about inbound shipment here to the US.
Details will go up pretty soon on the webstore for any pre-orders as well as details on the PRO2021 kits that use this particular keybed.

If there is interest in us stocking other Fatar keybed configurations, let us know here or via email; if enough demand we will stock additional items from them.
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

JanneI
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:28 am

Post by JanneI » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

synthcube wrote:If there is interest in us stocking other Fatar keybed configurations, let us know here or via email; if enough demand we will stock additional items from them.
Since they are easily buyable in EU via newgroove.it I merely see this as an opportunity for all you US people. Make it happen!

User avatar
emmaker
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: PDX

Post by emmaker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:56 pm

I'm interested to see if these would fit in a classic Mini Moog after being trimmed down.

Are there mechanical specs somewhere?

Thanks
Jay S.

User avatar
devinw1
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by devinw1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm

emmaker wrote:I'm interested to see if these would fit in a classic Mini Moog after being trimmed down.

Are there mechanical specs somewhere?

Thanks
Jay S.
PM'd you. :tu:

User avatar
Kevin Mitchell
Common Wiggler
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:41 pm

emmaker wrote:I'm interested to see if these would fit in a classic Mini Moog after being trimmed down.

Are there mechanical specs somewhere?

Thanks
Jay S.
37 keys vs 44 keys? You don't need to trim you need to add!
Also; PM me if you need advice or a scanner/cv controller :hihi:

-KM

User avatar
gslug
Common Wiggler
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by gslug » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Kevin Mitchell wrote:
emmaker wrote:I'm interested to see if these would fit in a classic Mini Moog after being trimmed down.

Are there mechanical specs somewhere?

Thanks
Jay S.
37 keys vs 44 keys? You don't need to trim you need to add!
Also; PM me if you need advice or a scanner/cv controller :hihi:

-KM
I'd also be interested in a 44 key one for a Minimoog clone, and details on the scanner. Thanks.
One day I'll get an avatar!

Post Reply

Return to “Music Tech DIY”