Anyone need 1000+ ALPS pots?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

oldgearguy
Wiggling with Experience

Anyone need 1000+ ALPS pots?

Post by oldgearguy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 am

Back in 2008/2009 I owned a couple Waldorf Wave synthesizers. A common problem was the potentiometers getting flakey and not registering fully or jumping around in value. At the time, ALPS wasn't making the potentiometers available via Mouser/Didg-Key, etc and the only way to get some was to order a box of 800. So I bought 800 10k pots with center detent and 800 10k pots without detent. After repairing those Waves (and others and sending pots to other Wave owners), I'm still holding two large boxes of new ALPS 10k pots (550+ per box).

If anyone is looking to do a large build of something that needs 10k pots, ping me and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.
Apologies this is not simply in the FS section - I felt it's something with a very specific appeal for DIY'ers that might need a large quantity for a project.

Here are the links to the Mouser pages:
10k with detent
10k no detent

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Re: Anyone need 1000+ ALPS pots?

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:47 am

this would probably be better on a 3.3v system like what they were made for. 10K is probably not as good as 100K for a 15v system. 100 pots is 100mA. the center detent are good for EQ or PAN but not much else. I think this could be good for someone that wants to make a new mixer design.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Return to “Music Tech DIY”