Blacet mixer output query

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

deepblackjoe@gmail.com
Common Wiggler

Blacet mixer output query

Post by deepblackjoe@gmail.com » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:41 pm

I use the 5 channel panning mixer for my output module, it has two 3.5mm l/r Jack's and a stereo headphone out. Signal only comes from one side or the other, not both at once. Is this because I have to use stereo plugs for the mono outs? To listen I've been just splitting out of the headphone jack to a Zoom R24, to two channels. The inputs on that are the combo 1/4in & xlr. The plug (1/4") won't seat fully, like an insert, and listening, it hums a little. I want that to go away. Do I need to go stereo 1/8" (x2) to two xlrs into the Zoom to make it balanced? Is it too late at that point? Here is a pic of that chunk of the schematic. Thanx for looking. I'm confused and a little embarrassed
IMG_20200323_184012061.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Blacet mixer output query

Post by KSS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 pm

You have three TRS jacks. Top in your schematic will only output mono with a TS plug. And stereo with a TRS plug.

The middle -on your schematic drawing- mono TRS will only output mono, regardless if you use a TS or TRS plug.

For future reference -unrelated to your question- better to avoid using "1/8" jack" as being equivalent to a 3,5mm jack. It was once common to say that -even if mostly wrong, and still gets said more often than it should. In Frac, you are dealing with 3.5mm jacks.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”