4MS DLD diy

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

nOsO
Learning to Wiggle

4MS DLD diy

Post by nOsO » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 am

Hey guys I'm looking at the schematics for the DLD and I can't for the life of me figure out what these symbols are meant to represent. The reference designator says they're wires but they look like connectors of some sort?

I'm a complete noob and diving head first into Kicad and diy so I'm sorry if the answer is super obvious.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pjbulls
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 4MS DLD diy

Post by pjbulls » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:01 am

I don't have much experience either (and certainly not with KiCad), to me it seems that these are either bridges/jumpers or test points. The top one will tie the MCU reset line low when connected (holding it in permanent reset), the middle one connects different ground paths together (analog and digital?). The bottom one just seems to go into one pin of the MCU and nowhere else, so that is probably there for probing/testing.

Now, having said that, I would think that this is certainly an ambitious project to DIY! (though I would definitely be interested in it as well)

forestcaver
Ultra Wiggler

Post by forestcaver » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 am

I’ve been planning on diying a slim, half sized dld - an sld ! Been meaning to do it for ages!

forbin
Common Wiggler

Post by forbin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:13 am

The second picture is to separate the noisy digital earth from the quiet analog earth. They are at the same potential but it allows the PCB tool to keep them apart.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:01 am

The first represents a jumper point for the MCU NRST pin. By default it is pulled high internally. If the switch is active, it pulls the pin low to reset the MCU. This point can be used as a reference point to ground the chip if it requires it and the switch fails presumably.

pjbulls
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pjbulls » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:21 am

Well, I did a crazy and laid out a board:

No idea if this is going to work or not, this thing is dense (and I put quite a few components on the top). 80x 100nF caps!

oozitron
solder fume huffer

Post by oozitron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:51 am

You might also want to look at the Frequency Central "Stasis Leak".
I wanted a DLD for a long time but am now planning on building two Stasis Leaks instead.

Drew
Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground

Return to “Music Tech DIY”