DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
glennfin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Contact:

DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by glennfin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:21 am

Any recommendations for a DIY stereo mixer for euro?. Not looking for anything with CV, just simple level, pan, master, etc..
Some of the non DIY mixers are very expensive! May have to design my own which should be pretty simple.

toneburst
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 2:41 pm
Location: London

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by toneburst » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:48 am

ST Modular do a few different stereo mixer solutions. Look in the "MIXERS & VCAS" section here:

http://www.st-modular.com

I can't vouch for any of them, as I don't have them, but the "SUM" modules look interesting, if you have enough HPs spare.

Pusherman sell PCB/panel sets:

https://pushermanproductions.com/?s=st+ ... pe=product

User avatar
glennfin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Contact:

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by glennfin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:59 am

The 7 channel "Sum" looks great!... thanks.

toneburst
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 2:41 pm
Location: London

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by toneburst » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 am

The Tilt EQ and aux send seem like useful features.

butter
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:38 am

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by butter » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Befaco Stmix is pretty compact and can be chained if you need more channels (or feed into the hexmix system if you want to go all the way)
I'm not really sure what "pan" means in the context of a stereo mixer though...

https://www.befaco.org/stmix/

User avatar
glennfin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Contact:

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by glennfin » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:32 am

butter wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Befaco Stmix is pretty compact and can be chained if you need more channels (or feed into the hexmix system if you want to go all the way)
I'm not really sure what "pan" means in the context of a stereo mixer though...

https://www.befaco.org/stmix/
A mixer with stereo outputs, where each input channel can be panned anywhere between left and right outputs... standard stereo mixer...

butter
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:38 am

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by butter » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:34 pm

glennfin wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:32 am
butter wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Befaco Stmix is pretty compact and can be chained if you need more channels (or feed into the hexmix system if you want to go all the way)
I'm not really sure what "pan" means in the context of a stereo mixer though...

https://www.befaco.org/stmix/
A mixer with stereo outputs, where each input channel can be panned anywhere between left and right outputs... standard stereo mixer...
Aah, ok... by "stereo mixer" I took it to mean you wanted stereo inputs, so STmix probably not a good suggestion anyway.... come to think of it though, can't really think what the "correct" or least least commonly used terms would be to differentiate...

Anyway, in that case, the Tesseract stuff might be of interest. Don't have personal experience, but like the concept of modular/chainable/expandable system
https://www.tesseractmodular.com/eurora ... es/tex-mix

User avatar
Randy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by Randy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 pm

http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/stereoouts/

I've built several of these, and one double for an 8 channel mixer. They work great and the headphone out is very handy when traveling.

User avatar
fitzgreyve
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:49 am
Location: UK

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by fitzgreyve » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:38 am

I have one PCB (and several panels) left for my 100m inspired 4-input mixer. Can't find the original thread, but details halfway down page here : 100m-ish modules
Under developement:
- "Muse" (nearly ready for release!)
---------------------------------------
https://fitzgreyve2.blogspot.com/

User avatar
glennfin
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Contact:

Re: DIY Stereo mixer for Euro?

Post by glennfin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:34 am

Randy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 pm
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/stereoouts/

I've built several of these, and one double for an 8 channel mixer. They work great and the headphone out is very handy when traveling.
Ah yes!. I've built quite a few Barton modules over the past couple of years.
All great, affordable, easy builds.... I'll get two of those and chain them together.
Thanks for the heads up. 8-)

Post Reply

Return to “Music Tech DIY”