Making knobs from new designs

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Making knobs from new designs

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 am

If you want to try inventing a new knob and you provide me with an STL, I can 3D print the masters and cast some knobs in resin in a wide variety of colors or swirls. Any shaft type is possible but this is all experimental. I can do one knob for free just to try it but after that we would need to talk more about who pays for all the materials. I can also cast existing objects into knobs for example a thimble can be a master for a new knob shape. We could make dalek knobs. We can make anything. Send me ideas or send me masters or send me 3D files.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Making knobs from new designs

Post by cackland » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 am

Have you done this before and if so, any examples of your work?

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:54 am

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 am
If you want to try inventing a new knob and you provide me with an STL, I can 3D print the masters and cast some knobs in resin in a wide variety of colors or swirls. Any shaft type is possible but this is all experimental. I can do one knob for free just to try it but after that we would need to talk more about who pays for all the materials. I can also cast existing objects into knobs for example a thimble can be a master for a new knob shape. We could make dalek knobs. We can make anything. Send me ideas or send me masters or send me 3D files.
cackland wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 am
?

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm

cackland wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:54 am
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 am
cackland wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 am
?
I can cast dice in colors for dungeons and dragons. The process is %100 tested working. never have I ever used it for making knobs but this is totally possible.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 am

3 months later.....

Sorry not sure what your mythical reference is.

Can you show your work?

bgreeves
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bgreeves » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:43 pm

cackland wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 am
3 months later.....
Dude lay off him.

EYG, this sounds like a very neat idea that I might keep on the backburner. I know you've posted recently that you might need to focus on school, so what's your thinking on whether or not you want to keep offering this service?
Ben Reeves

JoyfulNoise Synth
Twitter
GitHub

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm

bgreeves wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:43 pm
cackland wrote:
3 months later.....
Dude lay off him.
Dude... when he posted, I was actually interested in such a service.. With the timeline elapsed, I've looked elsewhere causing a loss of potential business. Just saying.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 pm

dice1.jpg
dice2.jpg
dice3.jpg
dice3.jpg (74.51 KiB) Viewed 151 times

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 pm

cackland wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm
bgreeves wrote:
cackland wrote:
3 months later.....
Dude lay off him.
Dude... when he posted, I was actually interested in such a service.. With the timeline elapsed, I've looked elsewhere causing a loss of potential business. Just saying.
I'm not in it for the money. I have someone in the family who can do this for fun for free. I was busy with school which is totally my right to do so. no money was exchanged so I really don't see how I can be responsible for someone's misfortune. there was never any contract or promise involved. that is just nonsense so it does not bother me really.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 pm

Ok the wheel just fell off the wagon...

Absolutely its your right to be busy... no argument in that, nor was the opposite referenced. There was no mention of you being responsible for someone's misfortune, nor was there a discussion on a contract or promise.

I was merely stating that, at the time, I was interested in such a service, if that were to be supplied by you, in reference to this thread post. I was not aware that this 'service' could be completed for free on your end, kudos to you. End of.

Now... back to your supplied examples, nice work. Wonder how this method would turn out for the process of replicating knobs, and also the weight / feel factor.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:23 am

cackland wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm
bgreeves wrote:
cackland wrote:
3 months later.....
Dude lay off him.

cackland wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 pm
Ok the wheel just fell off the wagon...

Absolutely its your right to be busy... no argument in that, nor was the opposite referenced. There was no mention of you being responsible for someone's misfortune, nor was there a discussion on a contract or promise.

I was merely stating that, at the time, I was interested in such a service, if that were to be supplied by you, in reference to this thread post. I was not aware that this 'service' could be completed for free on your end, kudos to you. End of.

Now... back to your supplied examples, nice work. Wonder how this method would turn out for the process of replicating knobs, and also the weight / feel factor.
maybe you can help me understand what you mean here. the only other way I can interpret this is that you are saying that I lost business? I was reading this as you claiming that my hiatus caused you to lose business. but you say that I am imagining things so it must be that you are implying that you think I lost business? you might want to be more clear in your wording because it sounds like you are blaming the ether of time which can be quickly misconstrued by anyone trying to parse something intelligible from what you wrote. if you are punching the wind then please make that clear so that there is no misunderstanding. this is how problems start. I could honestly care less at this point if no one wants knobs. I quit this place for 3 months because of the drama. you said some unintelligible shit and then you said some more unintelligible shit "the wheel fell off the wagon". WTF does this even mean? do you have some 3d files or not? you could have gone to my website and emailed me 3 months ago. my main point is that if you drop the ball, that is your problem. you need to follow up. all my real clients have my contact information. my website only closed a week ago. my website was in my signature. I am really sick of people throwing shade or blame. This was an art project but you thought it was a business. sorry to disappoint.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:27 am

cackland wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 pm
I was not aware that this 'service' could be completed for free on your end, kudos to you. End of.

then you did not even read the original post at the top of the page where it was clearly stated.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”