DIY 4ms Ensemble Oscillator [ENOSC] ?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

rafyc
Common Wiggler

DIY 4ms Ensemble Oscillator [ENOSC] ?

Post by rafyc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi,

Do you know if it exist or will exist ?
4ms seems to have some DIY and several makers like Dann and Mathias but nothing found on their Gith...

pjbulls
Common Wiggler

Re: DIY 4ms Ensemble Oscillator [ENOSC] ?

Post by pjbulls » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 am

Would definitely be interested in this as well but I don't think it's available.

hexsol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hexsol » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:55 pm

It seems that not all of the 4ms schematics and PCB files have been uploaded. I don't know if 4ms delay the release of the newer modules files unto Github in order to make sure that potential buyers buy from retailers.

Maybe diy builders are so few that they don't care, this I believe is Mutable's stance on the matter. Dan has expressed his concern with regard to people cloning the designs with the intent on profiting off them.

I know that Mathias Peuch, the co-designer/programmer, is into DIY on the Mutable forums - maybe we could ask him if they could consider uploading the schematics and code only. If we drum up some interest here, then maybe they would consider our appeal. What do y'all think?
Last edited by hexsol on Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

pjbulls
Common Wiggler

Post by pjbulls » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 pm

I seem to remember that their other designs were made available at request, so it might definitely be worth asking. I've also seen Dan's specific concern about the designs being sold, so that's a definite no-no.

hexsol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hexsol » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 am

Agreed. When you're given a design, you build one for yourself and not for others. Émilie and Dan are extremely generous and in-tune with Open-Source ethos when they share their IP. If people take advantage of this continually, none of us will be able to benefit from this Open-Source generosity.

C'mon folks..! Let's show some interest and love for the DIY'ing of this module :banana: :loves:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”