I recently designed my own precision analog sample and hold and wanted to share the schematics here

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

shkrjn
Learning to Wiggle

I recently designed my own precision analog sample and hold and wanted to share the schematics here

Post by shkrjn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:39 am

I was trying to use my 2hp sample and hold to modify pitch sequences and the amount of droop made it unusable. I decided to design my own precision sample and hold module and am rather happy with the results. The finished module features an all analog precision sample and hold with a Schmitt Trigger on the gate input, a precision full wave rectifier, and a white noise source. The sample and hold was originally designed for a non linear sequencer that I am developing and I am happy that I made it available as a stand alone module : )

The Sample and Hold is capable of holding voltages for up to 10 minutes with virtually no droop. It is also capable of being clocked up to 30 kHz for down sampling type effects. Using the module as a down sampler and then listening to the audio through the full wave rectifier yields some interesting and dynamic noise sources.

I made a short video with some patch demonstrations
Here is a detailed build guide with a full parts list and accompanying mouser cart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steviet
Wiggling with Experience

Re: I recently designed my own precision analog sample and hold and wanted to share the schematics here

Post by steviet » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Great job! Thanks for sharing :tu:
Soundcloud
Website - DIY/Euro/Gear Blog updated every Sunday

Flounderguts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: I recently designed my own precision analog sample and hold and wanted to share the schematics here

Post by Flounderguts » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Really good. Thanks for posting the schematic...I might have to add this to the queue!
----------------------

Flounderguts

col
Veteran Wiggler

Post by col » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Looks great! how deep is the module? Also, are you planning on selling PCB/Panel sets? Or releasing the PCB gerbers?

shkrjn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by shkrjn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:51 pm

col wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm
Looks great! how deep is the module? Also, are you planning on selling PCB/Panel sets? Or releasing the PCB Gerbers?
The module is 60mm deep. I am currently selling PCB + Panel Sets for $25 + $5 shipping ConUs, shipping at cost elsewhere. I recently sent some off to various parts of Europe and shipping was $15 each. If you are interested in a set, I would check out the Build Guide and then contact me through my email, listed on the first page.

shkrjn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by shkrjn » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:57 pm

Flounderguts wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:39 pm
Really good. Thanks for posting the schematic...I might have to add this to the queue!
it's a really quick and easy build - i'm tempted to add a second or even a third to my set up to split sequences among several different oscillators using a VC clock divider i have in the works

col
Veteran Wiggler

Post by col » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:38 pm

shkrjn wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:51 pm
col wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm
Looks great! how deep is the module? Also, are you planning on selling PCB/Panel sets? Or releasing the PCB Gerbers?
The module is 60mm deep. I am currently selling PCB + Panel Sets for $25 + $5 shipping ConUs, shipping at cost elsewhere. I recently sent some off to various parts of Europe and shipping was $15 each. If you are interested in a set, I would check out the Build Guide and then contact me through my email, listed on the first page.
Have sent you email. :tu:

pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:13 am

Very nice design!
Richard
https://www.pugix.com

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

GreenPiece
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GreenPiece » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:42 am

What a great design and awesome build guide. Following.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”