Mix Chiclet [PCBs available]

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Mix Chiclet [PCBs available]

Post by fluxmonkey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 pm

the Mix Chiclet is a small (1.825" x 0.7") pot-mounted PCB that provides a summing network and unity gain op-amp with (optional) master gain. It provides an easy way to build a compact mixer module with only a handful of components.
mix_SMD-masterPot_ortho_400.png
mix_SMD-masterPot_ortho_400.png (339.23 KiB) Viewed 197 times
The mounting pot can be either the master level control, or the first input attenuator (on one or the other end of the board). Depending on the type of pot, it can be mounted either perpendicular or parallel (0.7" deep) to the front panel. Additional input attenuators are mounted off-board with connections from each atten wiper to one of the 6 summing resistors.

Besides being used to build a basic mixer module, you can also use it to add inputs to an existing module, shift levels (say, 1v/oct to Buchla 1.2v/oct), buffer signals... i wind up using 'em all the time for all sorts of things. Gang up a few of them for a Matrix mixer, too?

Also, it has pads for building either with through-hole or (mostly) SMD parts... in case you want to try your hand at SMD before committing to a more complex project.

The circuit itself is based on Ken Stone's Utility mixer (two inverting op-amps in series, so non-inverting overall), shrunk & rearranged to add & extend its features.

Available now (along with my other stuffs) @ http://fluxmonkey.com/pcbDocs/MixChiclet.htm
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Mix Chiclet [PCBs available]

Post by KSS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:08 pm

:tu:

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Mix Chiclet [PCBs available]

Post by fluxmonkey » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:34 pm

Powering it with two 9volt batteries works fine for a nice little portable mixer. technically, it fits in a 125 enclosure (barely), but i think you'll want to use something a little bigger...
mixChiclet_battery-125box.png
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

Return to “Music Tech DIY”