Montreal Assembly - Count to Five

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

mgscheue
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mgscheue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:16 am

MindMachine wrote:
That is a steal.

Last night I mixed voice and Yamaha Reface CS through it in a blend. Strange. Put my new little Roland TR-08 into it and made some great rhythms.
Oh I know! This was not something that was at all on my radar but I listened to an interview with Knobs where he said it’s one of his favorite pedals, it’s on the cover of Pedal Crush, and then I see this. Excited to get it. Looks really interesting.

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:02 pm

MindMachine wrote:
Slothrop wrote:So I've got one of these and really like it, but I primarily find myself using modes 1 and 3. Does anyone get much value out of mode 2 - the randomized looper thing - and if so, what do you do with it? I've never really found a context in which it's particularly useful...
Crazy stuttering vocals or drums through a reverb wash. Raise them up through a mix channel and then kill it (my mixer has kill switches). A ping pong echo adds to the weirdness.
Thanks! I had another go at this using a loop of vaguely rhythmic contact mic clunks and taps and the result seemed a lot more usable (for a very particular value of "usable") than when I've tried it with bass plunking in the past...

Quasi1000
1-Post Wiggler

Re: Montreal Assembly - Count to Five

Post by Quasi1000 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 pm

Hello,is it possible to save presets in the count to five using a midi pedal (like the DMC 4 midi disaster). I know we can do it with chase bliss pedals but don't know
if it is possible on the count to 5.

depth20
Common Wiggler

Post by depth20 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 pm

No, it doesn't have midi, CV in on the other hand, but you can't really save presets that way. I think you can do it with the 856 for ZELLERSASN pedal.

Scories
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scories » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 pm

CT5 all over the place on my last album :

Boodaleechees
Common Wiggler

Post by Boodaleechees » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:28 pm

My CT5 is one of my never-ever sell pieces of equipment. The CT5 and my Malekko Charlie Foxtrot.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”