Any love for Chase Bliss Audio pedals?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:39 pm

sturtlovinggood wrote:I have been playing with the Mood this week... definitely an intriguing and unique pedal. I have a feeling it'll get more use with my guitar just from the tones I've been able to make with it so far.
Actually, a serious question for users of Mood or other "creative looper" type pedals - how do you actually handle the practicality of triggering recording, playing an instrument and futzing aroung with the knobs and switches? Do you keep the pedal on the floor, trigger it with your foot and then crouch over it to manipulate the loop? Or do you keep it on a table or something at a comfortable fiddling-height and trigger it with a hand while you're not playing? Or what?

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Slothrop wrote:
sturtlovinggood wrote:I have been playing with the Mood this week... definitely an intriguing and unique pedal. I have a feeling it'll get more use with my guitar just from the tones I've been able to make with it so far.
Actually, a serious question for users of Mood or other "creative looper" type pedals - how do you actually handle the practicality of triggering recording, playing an instrument and futzing aroung with the knobs and switches? Do you keep the pedal on the floor, trigger it with your foot and then crouch over it to manipulate the loop? Or do you keep it on a table or something at a comfortable fiddling-height and trigger it with a hand while you're not playing? Or what?
Have the Mood on order - haven't touched it yet. But guess that the best way of handling the box while playing would be via an expression pedal or midi.

cyclyk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cyclyk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 am

Slothrop wrote:
Mood is a challenging one.... for me it really is a pedal you have to keep constantly under your hands because it is a playable one. The fun comes with you turning the knobs.

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:54 pm

Does a straight mono cable work for CV in for Chas Bliss pedals? the $19USD for the one they sell seems a bit steep when I've already got other 1/4 to 1/8 cables.

justscratch
Common Wiggler

Post by justscratch » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:05 pm

floating ring cable

slightly cheaper

theEveningStandard
Learning to Wiggle

Post by theEveningStandard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Slothrop wrote:
i usually keep it tabletop. the whole design of the pedal is for interaction and i feel like it's pretty necessary to have everything easily accessible. this applies especially to mood just because its looping is unorthodox.

i let my mood run for about an hour one time and i noticed that the audio lost quite a bit of volume over the span of that time. for those that own one of these, is this just my mood or is it a consequence of something i'm unaware of?

guitargyro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by guitargyro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 am

I’ve been a pedal junky for a while now but just got a Make Noise Shared System Plus.

Is there a module that works particularly well (or better yet is designed just for that purpose) for incorporating guitar pedals into your Eurorack (or even just with synths) that will tame the line levels so you don’t get any distortion?

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 am

guitargyro wrote:I’ve been a pedal junky for a while now but just got a Make Noise Shared System Plus.

Is there a module that works particularly well (or better yet is designed just for that purpose) for incorporating guitar pedals into your Eurorack (or even just with synths) that will tame the line levels so you don’t get any distortion?
http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com/products/19

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am

I have had a Mood for a few months now and love it. I feed my Count to 5 into the Mood and then out to a Vox Dynamic Looper and JamMan solo. Very excited for the Blooper to come out.
[/video]

Whatisvalis
Common Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 am

There was a new Generation Lost pedal - I had one in the cart but decided against it yesterday - looks like it sold out fast.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 am

Whatisvalis wrote:There was a new Generation Lost pedal - I had one in the cart but decided against it yesterday - looks like it sold out fast.

Got one via my local distributor for Chase Bliss.

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Whatisvalis wrote:There was a new Generation Lost pedal - I had one in the cart but decided against it yesterday - looks like it sold out fast.

Same here. I've been on a little pedal binge, a few granular type pedals, decided I'll give it a day to think about it and closed the cart webpage. And last night they were all sold out.

They're gonna go for nutso prices now, and I should have realized I could probably sell it for what I paid if I didn't like it. :doh:

Modulus
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Modulus » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:13 am

Hope they decide to do another run despite the limited edition thing. They sold 350,000$ worth in a few hours. Did the same, addded to cart, got distracted and boom they were gone lol

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 pm

same x 3. really annoying actually!

apparently per CBA they really were all sold through reverb

wild

Modulus
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Modulus » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Maybe if they get enough emails to make more they’ll reconsider :bang:

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Modulus wrote:Maybe if they get enough emails to make more they’ll reconsider :bang:
I think that $350,000/day sales rate might have them thinking more so than a few emails.

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 pm

I got one of the new pedals. Looking forward to seeing what it does.

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Checkout was acting weird for me. I tried for hours and then gone.
THUMPR BC SC

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:46 am

im gonna be a bit peeved if they don’t do another run. i reached out to a bunch of dealers to try to find one and every one of them said they wanted to stock it but were told they couldn’t get it. the demand is (very) clearly there for this box (and the og cooper one), so why gatekeep it behind an arbitrary capped reverb.com exclusive? i really like CBA and want to support them (not the speculative purchased/price gouged secondhand market)

slam
Common Wiggler

Post by slam » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Saw a post this morning from Cooper FX stating that there will not be any more of the Chase Bliss versions of this pedal. The new version from Cooper will incorporate most, but not all, of the new things on the Chase Bliss version.

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:56 pm

yeah their response is a good one for sure

Modulus
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Modulus » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm

slam wrote:Saw a post this morning from Cooper FX stating that there will not be any more of the Chase Bliss versions of this pedal. The new version from Cooper will incorporate most, but not all, of the new things on the Chase Bliss version.
Yep good news. He did a preorder for outward v2 last time too which is a much better policy then just making a batch and having everyone scrap over them (only to turn around and resell it on reverb for stupid $$). Hoping he makes it stereo for the cooper fx v2 gen loss. Would be cool if you could degrade the signal differently for left/right.

Mark Hammer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mark Hammer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Joel and I started up a correspondence a few years ago, shortly after the Wombtone came out, I think. We get together when he either comes into town (Ottawa) or Montreal. Steve Bragg of Empress is also party to such parties. Great buncha guys.

Joel sent me a Spectre, and as a very generous gesture for the small hand I played in development (or at least instigation) of the Condor, sent me #00001. All great pedals with much more capacity than we tend to see in practice. I do wish folks would post Youtube demos in which they show a) how they have the controls set, b) how they have the dipswitches set, and c) how they use an expression pedal or other forms of performance control. There is, after all, only so much a manufacturer can do when it comes to demo videos.

Man, I really have to stop soldering stuff for a bit and learn more about PICs.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:05 am

Modulus wrote:
slam wrote:Saw a post this morning from Cooper FX stating that there will not be any more of the Chase Bliss versions of this pedal. The new version from Cooper will incorporate most, but not all, of the new things on the Chase Bliss version.
Yep good news. He did a preorder for outward v2 last time too which is a much better policy then just making a batch and having everyone scrap over them (only to turn around and resell it on reverb for stupid $$). Hoping he makes it stereo for the cooper fx v2 gen loss. Would be cool if you could degrade the signal differently for left/right.
Dropped by 30th Street Guitars (the main venue in NYC for pedals of all shapes and sizes - they have everything! Amazing!) and chatting with the vendor about the limited run of the Generation Loss, he said to cry not. Yes, Cooper Fx will be releasing an even better version of the Chase Bliss one. Probably being released quite soon.

Whatisvalis
Common Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Dropped by 30th Street Guitars (the main venue in NYC for pedals of all shapes and sizes - they have everything! Amazing!) and chatting with the vendor about the limited run of the Generation Loss, he said to cry not. Yes, Cooper Fx will be releasing an even better version of the Chase Bliss one. Probably being released quite soon.
That would be ace.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”