Analog Delay racks???

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

tdutz
Common Wiggler

Post by tdutz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:38 am

Hello All,
I happen to have an Ibanez AD202 (similar to the aforementioned Ibanez rack unit) for sale right now if anyone is interested. It sounds fantastic but like Biguana I want to start using analog delay with my modular so I'm looking into getting a Koma Elektronik BD101.
Cheers!

maltemark
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Klark & Teknik DN36 Analogue Time Processor.

Post by maltemark » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:50 am

Kent wrote:I done got me one of these:

This is the DN36. There is also a DN34 which has less features but still sounds good, from what I've heard. I'm inclined to believe it since the 36 & 34 share much of the same components.

The 36 allows for cross-channel feedback. The delays on Channel A can feedback to Channel B and Vice Versa.
Hi Kent - an old thread for sure, but if you've still got the DN36, would you care to record some examples of its sound? I've been offered one, but can't find any examples on the web. I got to choose between this one and the TAM-19, which makes things quite difficult... I already have the VRS-23 and the DRS-78, so it would probably look nice. But Klark Teknik seems like quality gear too. I suppose it would be harder to have it repaired if the BBD chips fail though... (does anyone know what chips there are in the TAM-19?)

joint.therapy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by joint.therapy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:47 am

MicroFi wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:
MicroFi wrote:I've got a Dynacord DRS-78 which I like a lot!
A bit noisy maybe, but it sounds soooo grungy and dark 8_)
The DRS-78 is awesome, actually all that old Dynacord stuff is cool.
Cool thing about the DRS78:
It has trigger-ins, which makes you able to change between 3 different delay settings.
Perfect to use in combination with the modular :cloud:
Hi guys,

I just picked up a DRS-78 and have an issue with the trigger input.

I intended to trigger the DRS with a Moon gate/trigger sequencer (+5v) but it puts out a lot of noise/hum. I then triggered the DRS with a Roland CR-78 (+15v) and had the same issue. Next, I tried a on/off pedal for an Ace Tone FR-1 and the DRS worked as expected, no noise/hum. I also tested it with a Korg SQ-1 gate out and again it worked as expected. I figured, ok, this will work and ran my clock to the Korg sync in but I had the noise issue again. I then tried running the Korg with out sync in and ran gate A (1/1 note) to the Dynacord and gate B (1/16th note) into anything but it would produce noise. I use the CR-78 trigger out as my main clock into to a Moon clock divider then to the trigger sequencer, SQ-1, etc..

Any ideas what the issue might be?

My DRS sounds clean (signal, not 'color'), no noise/hum as mentioned by MicroFi.

Thanks in advance.

Update

I tried the Moon sequencer with out an external clock and triggered the DRS delay input. I also tried a dotcom Q173 Math Gate (gate and trigger settings) and a Roland TB-03 gate out with out an external clock. They all produced noise. I tried an LFO just for the hell of it but it wouldn't trigger the DRS. Although, it didn't produce any noise.

I'm at a loss... The Korg seems to be the only sequencer I have to trigger the DRS with out any noise but at the same time I can't sync it to any of my other gear.
Last edited by joint.therapy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:20 am

One thing I found with my DRS-78 was that it had no ground connection! The IEC mains inlet seemed standard but then I noticed there was no ground pin in it.. This definitely caused me a few noise problems before I realised - though whether that's relevant for you I don't quite know.

joint.therapy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by joint.therapy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:42 am

BugBrand wrote:One thing I found with my DRS-78 was that it had no ground connection! The IEC mains inlet seemed standard but then I noticed there was no ground pin in it.. This definitely caused me a few noise problems before I realised - though whether that's relevant for you I don't quite know.
My unit does have a ground pin but I appreciate the input.

Summa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Summa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 am

joint.therapy wrote:
BugBrand wrote:One thing I found with my DRS-78 was that it had no ground connection! The IEC mains inlet seemed standard but then I noticed there was no ground pin in it.. This definitely caused me a few noise problems before I realised - though whether that's relevant for you I don't quite know.
yeah but is it connected ;) :hmm:

joint.therapy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by joint.therapy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:24 am

Summa wrote:
joint.therapy wrote:
yeah but is it connected ;) :hmm:
I opened it up and and confirmed it's properly grounded, everything else looked fine too. :bang:

mg05
Common Wiggler

Post by mg05 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 pm

joint.therapy wrote:
MicroFi wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:
It has trigger-ins, which makes you able to change between 3 different delay settings.
Hi guys,

I intended to trigger it with a Moon trigger sequencer (+5v) but it puts out a lot of noise/hum. I then triggered the DRS with a Roland CR-78 (+15v) and had the same issue. Next, I tried a on/off pedal for an Ace Tone FR-1 and it worked as expected, no noise/hum. I also tested it with a Korg SQ-1 gate out and again it worked as expected. I figured, ok, this will work and ran my clock to the Korg. The Korg ran in sync but the DRS wouldn't respond to the trigger. I use the CR-78 trigger out as my main clock into to a Moon clock divider then to the trigger sequencer, SQ-1, etc..

My DRS sounds clean (signal, not 'color'), no noise/hum as mentioned by MicroFi.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

*** I'm not technical skilled, but a technician told me ***

Do you have the Owners Manual? Page 15-19
There is no 'clock input' but 5 (foot) switches each working different:

ECHO & REVERB FOOT PEDAL (no foot switch) for controlling the volume of effect with a foot potentiometer

DELAY 1-2-3 & ECHO-REVERB foot switches (5V) for changing settings

EFFECT ON/OFF FOOT SWITCH no voltage

joint.therapy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by joint.therapy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 pm

mg05 wrote:
joint.therapy wrote:
MicroFi wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:
Hi guys,

I intended to trigger it with a Moon trigger sequencer (+5v) but it puts out a lot of noise/hum. I then triggered the DRS with a Roland CR-78 (+15v) and had the same issue. Next, I tried a on/off pedal for an Ace Tone FR-1 and it worked as expected, no noise/hum. I also tested it with a Korg SQ-1 gate out and again it worked as expected. I figured, ok, this will work and ran my clock to the Korg. The Korg ran in sync but the DRS wouldn't respond to the trigger. I use the CR-78 trigger out as my main clock into to a Moon clock divider then to the trigger sequencer, SQ-1, etc..

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

*** I'm not technical skilled, but a technician told me ***

Do you have the Owners Manual? Page 15-19
There is no 'clock input' but 5 (foot) switches each working different:

ECHO & REVERB FOOT PEDAL (no foot switch) for controlling the volume of effect with a foot potentiometer

DELAY 1-2-3 & ECHO-REVERB foot switches (5V) for changing settings

EFFECT ON/OFF FOOT SWITCH no voltage
Yeah, I downloaded it before I bought it. +5v trigger is what I initially tried with the Moon trigger sequencer.

mg05
Common Wiggler

Post by mg05 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Maybe someone tried before with more than 5V and damaged it?
Your local tech can try to fix it?

Kent
Large Member

Re: Klark & Teknik DN36 Analogue Time Processor.

Post by Kent » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:24 pm

maltemark wrote:
Hi Kent - an old thread for sure, but if you've still got the DN36, would you care to record some examples of its sound?
Wow! I missed this request all those years ago. Here’s the DN36:

https://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/dn36mixed

https://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/fun-with-phase

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”