Cooper FX

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:56 am

technicoloraudio wrote:Anyone else just score a Moment Machine? I did and I’m pretty excited about it. I’ll have that on one side and 856 for Zellersasn on the other. I’m hoping for sounds that will allow dolphins to understand how much I despise them.
I love the finny fuckers myself. Good luck with your mammalian communication skills. Plan to abuse the ole CT5 tonight. Still waiting for another run of Cooper.

User avatar
Outsider Sound Design
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Outsider Sound Design » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am

Sound design experiments with 2 Outward and 2 Moment Machines.

[video][/video]
Sound Design / Sample Packs
www.outsidersounddesign.com

Test Series Sound Design Blog
www.outsidersounddesign.com/blogs/news

Experimental Music
www.adarkplotofland.bandcamp.com

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:31 am

Excellent stuff. Each snippet could be several minutes long and I would buy the album.

:tu:

Cooper had some Moment Machines this week. I missed out on the last Generation Lost batch. I would like to score one of those soon.

User avatar
Outsider Sound Design
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Outsider Sound Design » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:52 am

MindMachine wrote:Excellent stuff. Each snippet could be several minutes long and I would buy the album.

:tu:

Cooper had some Moment Machines this week. I missed out on the last Generation Lost batch. I would like to score one of those soon.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I appreciate it.

It would be so cool to see these in Euro format. CV control would be crazy.
Sound Design / Sample Packs
www.outsidersounddesign.com

Test Series Sound Design Blog
www.outsidersounddesign.com/blogs/news

Experimental Music
www.adarkplotofland.bandcamp.com

User avatar
Minimoog56
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Northwest of the District

Post by Minimoog56 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:59 pm

did not gel with the moment machine. Too much menu diving and hard to control steps length.
Beatniks and Bongos/Bagels and Bongos/Buchlas and Bongos...

de gustibus....

User avatar
Modulus
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Florida

Post by Modulus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:04 am


User avatar
soundinett
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am
Location: Passavia, Germany

Post by soundinett » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:03 am

technicoloraudio wrote:Anyone else just score a Moment Machine? I did and I’m pretty excited about it. I’ll have that on one side and 856 for Zellersasn on the other. I’m hoping for sounds that will allow dolphins to understand how much I despise them.
Ordered a used Moment Machine on Reverb.com today. Very excited!
Would love to hear the Zellersasn and the Moment Machine together. Any tracks/videos?

User avatar
Outsider Sound Design
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Outsider Sound Design » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:01 pm

More madness.
Mutable Instruments Plaits, Cooper FX Outward V2, 2 x Cooper FX Outward V1.

[video][/video]
Sound Design / Sample Packs
www.outsidersounddesign.com

Test Series Sound Design Blog
www.outsidersounddesign.com/blogs/news

Experimental Music
www.adarkplotofland.bandcamp.com

User avatar
thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4851
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: East Bay, CA US

Post by thetwlo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:32 pm

this is hard to believe! how can he recognize this major issue, and not correct it? it's a simple circuit to limit the input. WHY????

from the Outward manual:

***************NOTE!!!! Very important. The EXP jack can only take CV signals up to +5v. FIVE VOLTS ONLY. Any
higher than this will destroy the pedal. Additionally, you must use a STEREO jack for CV, sending the CV through
the tip of the jack, and ground through the sleeve. Again, using a mono jack will damage the pedal. Either of these
actions will void the warranty and will require a $50 service fee****************

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:08 am

thetwlo wrote:this is hard to believe! how can he recognize this major issue, and not correct it? it's a simple circuit to limit the input. WHY????

from the Outward manual:

***************NOTE!!!! Very important. The EXP jack can only take CV signals up to +5v. FIVE VOLTS ONLY. Any
higher than this will destroy the pedal. Additionally, you must use a STEREO jack for CV, sending the CV through
the tip of the jack, and ground through the sleeve. Again, using a mono jack will damage the pedal. Either of these
actions will void the warranty and will require a $50 service fee****************
Same as the Red Panda Particle V1 vs V2 I think (as far as 'Dont' do it'). I gave up on trying to keep track of which pedals with cv inputs are overall range friendly.
FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Post Reply

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”