Favorite looper pedals?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

waylon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by waylon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 pm

I have two favourites. This one https://musicsquare.co.uk/154703_BOSS-R ... pedal.html because it's quite cheap, easy to use and can do a 12minutes long loop. Also this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... oper-pedal because of many options, like "reverse".

FraMauro
Common Wiggler

Post by FraMauro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:21 am

moylando wrote:Have you checked out the frippertronics thread in this sub forum? Lot of discussion there which may be relevant depending on your intentions with your looper.
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of this thread!

FraMauro
Common Wiggler

Post by FraMauro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 am

I've got the Digitech JamMan Solo XT with the FS-3 pedal. It's OK, but I wouldn't recommend it, even with the extra control pedal it's very fiddly for a small format, too many options. I'm now looking at the Boss RC-1, much simpler and only does what I need.

deepblackjoe@gmail.com
Common Wiggler

Post by deepblackjoe@gmail.com » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 pm

a purse sized reel2reel for precocious little tape loops. scotch tape works just fine

PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:02 pm

rc20xl + headrush mkii

old faithfuls

Chevron87
Common Wiggler

Post by Chevron87 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:42 pm

The Strymon Timeline has a simple and very intuitive looper onboard, plus you get some killer delay sounds too.

Idunno
Common Wiggler

Post by Idunno » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm

I've got a Hotone Wally. Really compact and does the job of looping well enough. It can speed up and slow down the loops. But I'm not sure why I bought it, I don't really use it. I think I was just curious. It has had some use as a signal tester when testing guitar stompbox builds and mods though, as it leaves my hands free to tweak.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:29 pm

This will be coming out later on this year:

[video][/video]

Howling Terror
Common Wiggler

Post by Howling Terror » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 am

Boss RC-3 is getting regular use. Last used during a jam session.

Even used the onboard drum sounds when the drummer took a break. :-)

The DL4 has a looper...don't use it. The Timefactor likewise.

I still use tapeloops. Cassette and 1/4". Currently employing a MT4X 4 track with the modular.
Saw a modded player that had CV controlled varispeed. Hmmm...maybe I should try the Echophon. :-)

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:01 am

Idunno wrote:I've got a Hotone Wally. Really compact and does the job of looping well enough. It can speed up and slow down the loops. But I'm not sure why I bought it, I don't really use it. I think I was just curious. It has had some use as a signal tester when testing guitar stompbox builds and mods though, as it leaves my hands free to tweak.
The Wally is fun and lets you do the speed up slow down effect so beloved by Mr. Bill Frisell.

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:36 am

When my DL4's switches went wonky on me I got a Vox Dynamic Looper as a replacement. It does not do the loop fadeout like the Line6 but has so much other functionality that I don't miss my DL4 at all. It might be worth checking out even though it is no longer being made.
Vox Dynamic Looper Manual

1986Bowler
Common Wiggler

Post by 1986Bowler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Got the tcelectronics Flasdback X4. HUGE pedal.

But works very well- and lots of lush delay too!

mmm.guitar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mmm.guitar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 am

+1 for the Boss RC-3, simple little looper to jam with.

ExtrasensoryPerception
Common Wiggler

Post by ExtrasensoryPerception » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:25 am

I have tried a few, but I always go back to the DL4, with its limitations. I love that pedal!

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:55 am

This has just been released - a cross between a glitch/looper thing and a Red Panda Particule:

https://chaseblissaudio.com/product/mood/

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 am

^

Mood : just ordered ! :hihi:

Looks great & unlike any pedal I've currently got..

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:18 am

I usually go from my Montreal Assembly Count to 5 into my Chase Bliss Mood and then into my Vox Dynamic Looper and finally into my Jamman Solo.

guitargyro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by guitargyro » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 am

I’ve got a EH720 that’s fine. Does everything I need it to do and was cheap. I was lucky enough to get on the Chase Bliss Blooper Kickstarter which looks to be the looper to end all loopers. I’m guessing I may even do away with my Octatrack once I get that. At least for live.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:23 pm

One "looper" that seems always forgotten is the Eventide Timefactor - the loop mode is very impressive and you can do all sorts of craziness like stretching the loop, reversing it, changing the loops point of reference, sync it to a midi clock - brilliant stuff!

prscrptn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by prscrptn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:11 pm

smetak wrote:One "looper" that seems always forgotten is the Eventide Timefactor - the loop mode is very impressive and you can do all sorts of craziness like stretching the loop, reversing it, changing the loops point of reference, sync it to a midi clock - brilliant stuff!
+1 :guinness:

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:02 pm

chvad wrote:the second loop is locked to the first in even increments. It can be longer by "x" amount..
this is strange ive had th infinity since it was first day release in NYC.
and the can be set to be free, with th sync/multi switch
Veldar wrote:I bought a crazy cheep looper from China called the 'looper 3' it works for the most part .
and you can buy it from Walmart.
its fun & some of them cheap Chinese pedal work just as well as some of there more expensive counterparts

------
Been looking at the EHX XX000 series the thing that I haven’t seen many demos or are use with a foot switch. Im not trying to flip buttons with my hands (when I playing guitar lines)

- the thing I would look out for mostly as mention before are the pedal with 1 switch that does all the operation that it horrible to me.

I use 2 ininity loopers
if you have all the goodies it can be a fun looper, some interesting menu set options (the aging & pitch)
My short coming for this, which ive spoke to mike and David about is that the expression pedal features effect both of the loops and you can’t set it to only affect one of the two loops. This is kinda a bummer, but as I have two I can work it out that way but for someone who only had one would b a potential adversity.

I also have use the boss RC20 and 20xl since they came on the market,
I stopped using them as they develop a digiclick at the end/start of the looper after a few years
Totally annoying.
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:18 am

smetak wrote:This will be coming out later on this year:

[video][/video]
Psyched for making some sweet Bloops!!

p.j.
Common Wiggler

Post by p.j. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:21 am

When my DL4's switches went wonky (This will happen...it is just a matter of time...) I bought a Vox Dynamic Looper. It can do things that no other floor looper can do and is awesome. Of course that means it is no longer in production. :evil:

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am

p.j. wrote: It can do things that no other floor looper can do and is awesome. Of course that means it is no longer in production. :evil:

info?
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 am

I've got a VDL1 and it definitely does some cool stuff. Two loops, a bunch of cool loop effects (speed, reverse, stutter, crossfade etc) and a built in expression pedal to control them.

It's also got a pre-effect option with distortion, chorus, tremolo, delay etc, but for me that's a bit of a misfeature - none of the effects are so great that you'd use them in preference to a dedicated pedal, and they bugger up the controls - you have to toe-down the expression pedal to get it to control the loop effects, which doesn't work too well on carpet and also AFAICT means that you have to leave the previous thing it was controlling maxed out when you switch modes.

IMO it would have been a really great pedal if they'd left out the pre-effects and streamlined the controls. As it is, it's annoying enough that I'm always on the lookout for something else that does the good bits without the extra fluff.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”