Pedal board on some kind of stand?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

submute
Common Wiggler

Pedal board on some kind of stand?

Post by submute » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

I use my pedal board (pedaltrain metro 24) with my hands not my feet (synths, etc) and I'm wondering if anyone has any clever ideas for mounting the pedal board like on music stands, etc--- curious what you got.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Keyboard X stand?

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm

It was discontinued, but I used a bed desk from a medical equipment company clamped to my desk. Adjustable height and tilt, with a ridge at the bottom to stop stuff from sliding off. I cut a thin industrial welcome mat to size and velcroed pedals to it.

Now I'm down to two pedals and I stand them on end stop my modular case. I wire-tied composite shims to the back that dangle behind the case so they don't tip over.
If FM overkill is wrong, I don't want to be right. ★ starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm

With so many pedals that have evolved past the old "on or off" paradigm, we really need more pedal-stand type solutions. So I love hearing about the various solutions people have come up with!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:27 pm

My big pedalboard (Pedaltrain Pro) fits on one of those X stands for keyboards, but the stand I have is a little wobbly and I don't like top heavy setups (bad experience with a laptop on a stand and a drunk guy). Smaller pedalboards, like a PedaltrainII or smaller, those double keyboard stands (the kind with a V for the keys) works pretty well for me, but may take up more floor space than just putting them on the floor.

I wish I knew how to weld, I'd just make leggy stands for any I wanna twiddle knobs.

moloque
Common Wiggler

Post by moloque » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 am

Depending on the size of the board I use keyboard stand or percussion stand.
With a double gigbag (for 1 acoustic and 1 electric guitar) I can put the stand with the synths or the pedal board and 1 guitar all on my back (way easier to ride the bike).

submute
Common Wiggler

Post by submute » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:26 pm

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm

I use this for a Teac Tascam Model 2 mixer. It would fit a few pedals and has a little upraised rim which would keep them from sliding off when things got rough. You could also just bolt a larger top onto it.

It isn't very tall, but is adjustable. Too tall and it may tip. Heavy duty holding my heavy Model 2.
FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”