Abbey Chamber Reverb Pedal by Keeley

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Abbey Chamber Reverb Pedal by Keeley

Post by MindMachine » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Has anyone had any experience with this guy? Not a huge range of effects obviously, but seems to have some good character (based on few videos). Might be a good effect to add a little depth to things, more than adding it's own character to a sound.
Primarily thinking of samples, drum machines, sequences, keyboards and vocals (not so much for guitar or bass).

All of the demos I see are with guitar.

https://robertkeeley.com/product/Abbey+Chamber+Reverb/

FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

hippo1
Common Wiggler

Post by hippo1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 am

(As a sidebar) Sounds really cool in the demos.

This may come down to the 'Listening to Youtube to judge sonic character', but there seems quite a bit of midrange to the wet signal, not just attributed to the driven gtr sound; may make things muddy in-the-mix without additional EQing.

I own the Keeley Omni pedal, and believe it or not, that's my hands-down fav on kbds/drum machines, period. The plate sits well in a mix; and solo, blends well into the background of both keys and drums. The Abbey gets you more adjustability in predelay and brilliance: If you just had ONE pedal, this may be a better fit. I have a few verbs (mono and stereo); and yah, the BigSky is super-adjustable and lush... but sometimes you just want to put a little verb in the background, or as 'glue' in a live/mixer situation. The lack of adjustability suits me fine sometimes: I don't want to get caught up programming another 'instrument'.

Curious as to what you end up with. Have fun!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 pm

Thank you much for the reply. Very helpful.

With so many choices it is tough without trying them in your own chain. I don't want anything super dynamic or all encompassing, as many say they'll do. I just want a dial and set unit. As you say though, it may need more than just set and play, with this one. If I can find one locally, I'll check it out and report back.

As an aside I wanted a Maelekko Spring Chicken. They were like $99 and then discontinued. I thought maybe one of those Boss Fender Reverbs. They were discontinued. Now they both go for extortionist prices. Whatever.

Thanks again. :guinness:
FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”