Impendance diffrences between Pedals, Line audio and Euro

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

darmklacht@gmail.com
Wiggling with Experience

Impendance diffrences between Pedals, Line audio and Euro

Post by darmklacht@gmail.com » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:48 pm

So yeah, How easy is it to mix and match?

Until now I havent really understood the impendance problem. usually I find it´s a matter of signal levels that are diffrent but I often read impendance matching is important...

I´m mostly wondering this at the moment because I really want an active Matrix Mixer for my pedals. But they seem quite rare in the pedal format. I´m thinking of using the guts of the Doepfer matrix mixer and put in a box with some power, add 6.3 jacks and mabey space the pots a bit to make it more playable.
there will be more headroom than needed I suppose as Euro uses higher levels, probably the signal to noise ratio won´t be to great but that isnt the point in this setup.

Now all I want to know from someone smater than me if this would be stupid due to impendance issues :nana:

prscrptn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by prscrptn » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Impedance matching is something that I learned about when trying to use guitar pedals with Modular and Line level devices.

Theres a lot of different ways to go about it, but matching the impedances will definitely add clarity and depth to your signal.

Here's a few useful links :tu:

Reamp Basics

Doepfer A-119

Pladask Elektrisk - MATRISE

Redail Engineering EXTC-SA

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”