Phase shifters in series with Space Echo

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

ben jah men
Wiggling with Experience

Phase shifters in series with Space Echo

Post by ben jah men » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

This is a chain I use in the box a lot. Some type of delay and some type of phaser before or after it.

I'm re-integrating my console into my studio and I'm looking to setup a patchbay/effects stack that I'll feel good about leaving connected [not buying new, or bringing old stuff out of storage] for the rest of the year [album mode].

One piece that is missing is a good analog phase shifter.

Specifically, I have a Radial EXTC that I use for my space echo so I can get some good level in/out of it using my balanced send/return paths. Well the EXTC has a cool feature of having a second FX loop. Switchable on/off for each FX but they run in series. Of course I use the feedback on the console not the echo so that my repeats can have eq shaping.. and of course.. phase shifting.

But which phaser? I really don't know. There are so many options and with the radial I'm keen to use something that might otherwise be limited to "guitar levels". That way I can exploit something and explore some unique textures.. maybe.

Thoughts?

Dub echoes with phaser. But which phaser?

Really don't want to spend $500+ lol

<$300 would be nice... lots of features would be great, but also pedigree works too... Moritz Von Oswald and Mark Ernestus were fans of the Electric Mistress yeah? Maybe that'd be the key... not quite phase shifter but.. relevant.

Technologear?
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Phase shifters in series with Space Echo

Post by Technologear? » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:56 am

'I'm addicted to phasers' topic has what you need, I'll post in there to bump it.

ben jah men
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Phase shifters in series with Space Echo

Post by ben jah men » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”