Post pics of your guitar/bass/amp/pedal setup!

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

GilgaFrank
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GilgaFrank » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm just going to assume you scrolled past my Telecaster and blinked at the wrong moment and missed it.

tabache
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tabache » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:21 am

alijamieson wrote:Oooh yeah!
[/img]
No words!! :)

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:22 am

Here's my pedalboard :

Fender Jazzmaster Standard Mexican

Fender Telecaster Standard Mexican and Orange AD 15-12

Close up on the Orange Amp :

Oblivion
Veteran Wiggler

My current Living Room Rig

Post by Oblivion » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Rig:

Pedals (currently in flux):

Just got the Flashback Triple and still working out its quirks, but it's luscious/delicious. As is the Lidigy EPSi convolution reverb. I seldom use the ElevenRack these days - mostly as an interface (recording and MIDI)/preamp.

The two Blackhearts are running in stereo - 2x12 cab is split and the tiny Orange runs on the left side as well, for a little more separation. The cab sounds a bit mono-ish, but the headphone/line feed is fantabulous (the left pedal board is in the 11R's loop and all stereo - right board is pre-11R and mono).
Perpetual n00b.
Budding Phonogeneticist.

nedavine
Ultra Wiggler

Post by nedavine » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Sold all my guitars to buy modules but yesterday I went bought myself this beaut!

Never owned anything nicer than an epiphone so so far I am impressed. Not much in the way of pedals yet, just the el capistan and a Joyo American Sound in the mail.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 pm

nedavine wrote:Sold all my guitars to buy modules but yesterday I went bought myself this beaut!

Never owned anything nicer than an epiphone so so far I am impressed. Not much in the way of pedals yet, just the el capistan and a Joyo American Sound in the mail.
Man, I'm amazed that your incredibly smooth wooden floor is brilliantly angled with an even smoother concrete wall! Christ, that really is slick-looking architecture!

Oh, and, yes, nice gibson - I'm a sucker for a les paul.

nedavine
Ultra Wiggler

Post by nedavine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:00 pm

smetak wrote:
Man, I'm amazed that your incredibly smooth wooden floor is brilliantly angled with an even smoother concrete wall! Christ, that really is slick-looking architecture!

Haha thanks. I am loving the LP. They feel so great. It sounds good but I do wish it sounded more like a strat. I love gibson style necks but like strat tone. The guitar bug has bit so badly that I am thinking of running out and buying either a MIJ strat or another Gibsons (Probably SG with p90s).

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 pm

nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

Haha thanks. I am loving the LP. They feel so great. It sounds good but I do wish it sounded more like a strat. I love gibson style necks but like strat tone. The guitar bug has bit so badly that I am thinking of running out and buying either a MIJ strat or another Gibsons (Probably SG with p90s).
Yep, have a heavily modified Les Paul with some really nice seymour duncan vintage humbuckers for both bridge and neck - refreted the guitar with jumbo frets - plays brilliantly, very smooth.

But was in desperate need for a strat - got myself a cheap but very well trimmed Godin strat - tossed out all of the hardware, replaced with Gotoh locking tuners and tremolo and a set of Bare Knuckle pickups (Nailbomb humbucker & two Irish tour single coils) that did cost me a small fortune - right now, having it coated in translucent blue. Hopefully, will be with me in a month or two. Can't wait!

nedavine
Ultra Wiggler

Post by nedavine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm

smetak wrote:
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

Yep, have a heavily modified Les Paul with some really nice seymour duncan vintage humbuckers for both bridge and neck - refreted the guitar with jumbo frets - plays brilliantly, very smooth.

But was in desperate need for a strat - got myself a cheap but very well trimmed Godin strat - tossed out all of the hardware, replaced with Gotoh locking tuners and tremolo and a set of Bare Knuckle pickups (Nailbomb humbucker & two Irish tour single coils) that did cost me a small fortune - right now, having it coated in translucent blue. Hopefully, will be with me in a month or two. Can't wait!
That sounds awesome. Would love to see pics when it's done.

My LP has dirty fingers and I really like them in the bridge but not really sure what I would put in the neck. The place I bought mine is selling super cheap SGJ's so I am half tempted to grab one and mod the shit out of it. Never gonna sound like a true strat but with p90's or coil splits it could be good enough.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:13 pm

nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

That sounds awesome. Would love to see pics when it's done.

My LP has dirty fingers and I really like them in the bridge but not really sure what I would put in the neck. The place I bought mine is selling super cheap SGJ's so I am half tempted to grab one and mod the shit out of it. Never gonna sound like a true strat but with p90's or coil splits it could be good enough.
With a friend of mine, an incredible luthier, who's doing the refurbishing - the paint job won't be easy - hopefully will be with me in a few weeks. When so, will take some snap shots to upload.

nedavine
Ultra Wiggler

Post by nedavine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 am

Just bought this beauty

GilgaFrank
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GilgaFrank » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 pm

My latest Stratocaster, built up from ebay parts. Body is Aztec Gold from an FSR guitar, US Standard neck, Fender locking tuners, loaded pickguard witha Shawbucker in the bridge and Fat 50s. Just got it back from having stainless steel frets installed. I wanted a "no compromise" guitar and this is it.

nedavine
Ultra Wiggler

Post by nedavine » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Thats a beaut!

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:46 am

NICE!!

jmcecil
low order biterness

Post by jmcecil » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:57 pm

I just finished adding two friends to the collection. These are both partscaster things with the necks from warmoth. The Gold Body is also Warmoth. Both have Bareknuckles. Irish Tours in the red one, BlackHawks + Cobra in the Shoreline Gold one. Both necks are unfinished and hand burnished. Hard to play finished necks after you play these.

Meet Frank

Meet Johnny

music noun, often attributive
: personal interpretation of ones auditory experience beyond basic sound recognition
: anything that makes your parents say "turn that shit down"

Howling Terror
Common Wiggler

Post by Howling Terror » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm all loved up with my first pedalboard in 40 years of playing.

Recently hooked up the FCB1010 foot controller and currently creating presets.

Proton Lenny
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Proton Lenny » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Been lurking for quite sometime. Finally about to dive into the modular world. Thought I'd post my main setup here first.

Main Axe:
The Moog:
Both run into this:
All are looped and clocked by this:

I think the modular setup will fit in quite nicely! :banana:
Last edited by Proton Lenny on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Proton Lenny wrote:Been lurking for quite sometime. Finally about to dive into the modular world. Thought I'd post my main setup here first.

Here's the main axe!

Along with this analog goodness here:

Running into this:

And finally being looped and clocked by this:

I think the modular setup with fit in quite nicely! :banana:
Pictures?

Proton Lenny
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Proton Lenny » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm

smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:Been lurking for quite sometime. Finally about to dive into the modular world. Thought I'd post my main setup here first.

Here's the main axe!

Running into this:

Pictures?
Should be good now, sorry about that.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Proton Lenny wrote:
smetak wrote:

Here's the main axe!

Running into this:

Pictures?
Got them!

Woe! Impressive, man!

Two H9s - woe, nice!

Proton Lenny
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Proton Lenny » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:02 am

smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:
smetak wrote:

Here's the main axe!

Running into this:

Pictures?
Got them!

Woe! Impressive, man!

Two H9s - woe, nice!
Yeah, one is primarily pitch/harmonizer algs, the other is reverbs and delays.

cloudscapes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cloudscapes » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 pm

built this guitar!

Part warmoth, part stuff found elsewhere. Body was entirely finished by hand. A couple small blemishes and bits where I ate through the lacquer a bit, but I'm happy how it looks! Pickups are seymour duncan pearly gates, have the mini switches setup to toggle between parallel, series and single coil, and did some hack drill-press routing to add the pickup selector toggle!

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 am

/wave Proton Lenny!

I'm mostly a classifieds lurker but since I got interested in the deFormer I've started haunting the other forums A little bit too. So here is my last board shot. Working out some changes since then but haven't nailed it down yet.

Bass and amp maybe some other time!

Image[/img]

shredsickgnar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by shredsickgnar » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Here's my guitars.

Squire VM Jaguar with a 1964 Music Master Neck and Humbucker added.

1949-51 Gibson ES 125, its beat to shit and awesome.

Gretsch Banjo

https://soundcloud.com/advancedelectric
Latest Ambient youtube performance vid::
https://youtu.be/xfWiDTkIyKo
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=695091456 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

AlanP
Ultra Wiggler

Post by AlanP » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Today's axe of choice. Satin black paint (rattlecan, not nitro or poly, for that genuine "BOGAN" vibe), that gun oil stuff for the neck (tru-oil or whatever it is), and a TV Jones pickup :)

This guitar has the most USEFUL tone knob I've ever seen.

The paint isn't wearing quite as fast as I hoped it would, though.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”