Wiggler Pedalboards?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm

durwin wrote:
Metatarsals wrote:Not current, but most recent revision:

Missing from that image are -

Lateral Sound 'Root'
Infanem Second Voice Deluxe
How good is the Morningstar!
Incidentally, would love to try these stuttering judder pedals - but they seem hard to get.

Metatarsals
Common Wiggler

Post by Metatarsals » Thu May 11, 2017 2:49 pm

smetak wrote:
Incidentally, would love to try these stuttering judder pedals - but they seem hard to get.
I've been using them for years and the blue metal one they are now producing was actually a custom job I asked for which became the production model.

They are the shit. Get asked about them almost every show.
To be completed upon consideration of something witty.

Metatarsals
Common Wiggler

Post by Metatarsals » Thu May 11, 2017 2:52 pm

durwin wrote:
Oh, for sure - it was a revelation. Easy to program, small footprint, aesthetically pleasing, not an FCB1010...

I had it controlling the clip view in Ableton, whilst sending midi commands/control messages to the Boss and Eventide pedals.
To be completed upon consideration of something witty.

durwin
Common Wiggler

Post by durwin » Wed May 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Metatarsals wrote:
durwin wrote:
Oh, for sure - it was a revelation. Easy to program, small footprint, aesthetically pleasing, not an FCB1010...

I had it controlling the clip view in Ableton, whilst sending midi commands/control messages to the Boss and Eventide pedals.
Nice one, I had one to give me presets for a Clusterflux 108m and for a Midi MurF

Ruiner
Common Wiggler

Post by Ruiner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

Great boards guys! Cleaning up the home studio and put together 3 new pedalboards. Still have to wire up the big one because I need to sit on it due to the parallel routing and tons of cv and expression control

And a pic of the clean up job cause why not

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm

AMAZING!!!!

Got especially hooked on the Space Case TE-1 - never heard of it before - checking it out right now.

durwin
Common Wiggler

Post by durwin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 pm

How are you finding the Rendez-Vous? Big effort,especially the $'s and power!

Ruiner
Common Wiggler

Post by Ruiner » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 am

smetak wrote:AMAZING!!!!

Got especially hooked on the Space Case TE-1 - never heard of it before - checking it out right now.
The Space Case is aweeeeesome. Ambient warble bliss.
durwin wrote:
How are you finding the Rendez-Vous? Big effort,especially the $'s and power!
It's pricey but if you think about what you'd pay to have several peadls to create similar functionality it's really quite reasonable as is the size in that respect. It's really great. I don't use it so much for the standard sounds. I can really get some interesting things going on when paired with other pedals. I like it a lot.

timgraubaek
Common Wiggler

Post by timgraubaek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 am

Wow, some impressive boards in this thread.

So, after about 25 years of fucking around, it's finally here. My first pedalboard, whoopee!

Simple, compact and extremely effective: fuzz - drive - ring mod - phaser - delay - tuner

I put this together for a doom/drone project were I play bass. And it slays! But I would happily use it with guitar or lap steel or synth, in any genre.

I'm so very pleased! :wookie:

cocco88
Common Wiggler

Post by cocco88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 am

want a cooper fx outward too :(
UI/UX/Sound designer

eurorack + TenoriOn + Omnichord + giant church organ + old rusty piano

current
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/361810

selling / trading
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/389166

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm

cocco88 wrote:Image

Really wild!

Have no idea what some of these effects are or what they do (the "Limbo III" - ?!?!?!) - mind giving us a lead? Amazing board!

Kill my mama to have a TE 1!

Ruiner
Common Wiggler

Post by Ruiner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:40 am

smetak wrote:
cocco88 wrote:Image

Really wild!

Have no idea what some of these effects are or what they do (the "Limbo III" - ?!?!?!) - mind giving us a lead? Amazing board!

Kill my mama to have a TE 1!
Thanks! The Limbo III is a delay made by 80 Tape in New Zealand. I've owned close to 100 delays and this is my favorite.

It has the famed MN3008 chips in it (at least this version does, i believe he has finally run out of these rare chips now). So it sounds great. The modulation is excellent. It also has multi-tap settings similar to having several heads on a delay with various timing options to create patterned delays. Then, my absolute favorite, is the ARP mode it has. So many variations to the way the ARP interacts with the delayed signal. Extremely musical and like nothing else i've tried. I love it.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 am

It's funny to me that this thread should re-emerge right now. I've been going through a guitar renaissance after spending the last year or two almost exclusively working with the modular to increase my proficiency/step up to the challenge of working strictly in the modular domain. I've reworked my pedalboard, then discovered the Boss ES-8 (assignable loop order, parallel chains, amp switching, CV and gate outputs, MIDI with editor, etc). So I ordered a Trailer Trash board and I'm in the process of wiring it now. More changes to come. I'm taking the Bellwether off, adding a Tonal Recall red knob and an Empress Echosystem. Eventually I'll snag the Chase Bliss phaser, flanger and chorus as well, and cut a few of the current pedals. The LS-2 is used to go to the 7 (!!!!!!) Foogers I just received as part of a trade.

Initial revamp:

Most recent with Trailer Trash board:

Moog motherload:

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:38 am

Oh, and a couple related question. Anyone with experience with Lava vs George L cable kits?

I used Lava cables with my first revamp, but I find they were a pain in the ass to assemble (ha, like soldering might have been easier). Perhaps I did a half ass job, though I found the included instructions somewhat lacking.

I just bought a couple packs of George Ls, at a significantly greater expense. Haven't opened them yet, but I've heard mixed reviews in comparison. May just open one pack and give them a shot.

Also, anyone have a lead on low profile TRS cables? Best I can find are ones with pancake jacks, which are just SO damn wide. A Lava or George L style plug would be ideal.

Minimoog56
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Minimoog56 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 am

George L's are the tits for pedal boards. Cut the length and then set and forget. Sound is quiet and passes sound very clean. Make sure to check em on an amp after you cut and assemble before you hook it up. They either work or they don't. If not then just snip off another tiny length of wire and try again. The parts show up used on Reverb all the time. You can grab 10-20 ends with various lengths of cable pretty cheap there.
Last edited by Minimoog56 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beatniks and Bongos/Bagels and Bongos/Buchlas and Bongos...

de gustibus....

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 am

Minimoog56 wrote:George L's are the tits for pedal boards. Cut the length and then set and forget. Sound is transparent. Make sure to check em on an amp - after you cut and assemble - they either work or they don't. If not - just snip off another tiny length and try again. They show up used on Reverb all the time - you can grab 10-20 ends with various lengths of cable cheap there.
Nice! Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I started working with the George L's yesterday. I have to test them to make sure they were assembled correctly, but they were a breeze compared to the Lava cables. My main issue with the Lava cable is the stripping tool provided is absolute shit. I have a cable stripper I probably could use, but I want to know the dimensions of each segment before I start f'ing around with it. Fortunately, both types of cables will be very easy for me to test with the looper.

Does anyone have any recommendations on drill bit size for drilling out the top of pedalboards (for power and audio cables)? I'm actually probably going to have to run some MIDI cables and TRS cables as well.

grimleyj
Learning to Wiggle

Post by grimleyj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 pm

An exercise in "how much shit can I possibly fit on here?":

Answer:
(Temple Audio Duo 28)
Octatrack
Behringer XR12
Mother 32
Waldorf Blofeld
IPad
PO-32
Keeley DarKSide
Zoom MS100BT
Strymon Deco
Eventide H9
Nyx
Axoloti (in custom enclosure)
Strymon BigSky
USB hub
MIDI thru box
Multiple power supplies, power strip etc.
Side panel has IEC, USB, midi in/out and 2x4 1/4in IO.

wfaber
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wfaber » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 pm

I've lifted most of my pedals off of the floor onto a milk crate, and have them zip tied/ Velcroed onto a large pice of wood. The whole thing fits in a suitcase and weighs in at around 40 pounds. I want to replace the whole thing with similar Eurorack gear within the next year in order to cut down on the weight and to have a more secure mode of transporting the equipment (i.e not a diy board and suitcase) and extend my options for gear. I just need to find a good module for getting the levels matched between the guitar level and that of the eurorack and then find some nice modules with functionality similar to that of my moogs (which at the end of the day I do very much like sonically. I pair them with my 1965 Gibson ES-125).

If any of you all have recommendations for how / which modules integrate guitar into Euro-rack world, please let me know.

I'm using it for stuff like this:

https://soundcloud.com/will-faber/faber ... lectronics

For reference, the gear on my pedal board is:

Moog MF-101 low pass filter, MF-102 Ring Modulator, MF 104m Analog Delay, CP-251 Control Processor. (5) Moog EP-3 expression pedals
Korg SQ-1 Step Sequencer
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X) Volume and Expression Pedal

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sleipnir
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Sleipnir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:58 am

wfaber wrote:If any of you all have recommendations for how / which modules integrate guitar into Euro-rack world, please let me know.
I've been happy with the Intellijel 1u I/O set.
Here's a pic if their 42x4 case being used basically as an effects rack & converter. :bananaguitar:

Suilebhain
Common Wiggler

Post by Suilebhain » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 am

Here is the closest to my most current board.

I've removed the Fuzzrite, Geiger Counter, and DD-20 from the left board, removed the Philosopher King from the right board, added a prototype EchoBox and a Keeley D&M to the left board, as well as some kind of feedback loop that I have forgotten the name for so that I can link in an auxiliary effect board later.

Sorry, I don't seem to know how to make the image appear in the message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 am

Suilebhain wrote:Here is the closest to my most current board.

I've removed the Fuzzrite, Geiger Counter, and DD-20 from the left board, removed the Philosopher King from the right board, added a prototype EchoBox and a Keeley D&M to the left board, as well as some kind of feedback loop that I have forgotten the name for so that I can link in an auxiliary effect board later.

Sorry, I don't seem to know how to make the image appear in the message.
Did you like the Fuzzrite? Almost got one, but in the end got a "6 was 9" from SolidGold and a beastly Wren & Cuff Ace Octave Fuzz. But still wondering about the Fuzzrite - the demos are quite up there.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Got my second pedal board for guitar up & running - built around a few Chase Bliss pedals I have. All powered by a Voodoo Labs 4x4.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:26 pm

smetak wrote:Got my second pedal board for guitar up & running - built around a few Chase Bliss pedals I have. All powered by a Voodoo Labs 4x4.

Nice... I've just started digging into using my ES-8 with the Chase Bliss pedals (I have Gravitas and Tonal Recall). It's awesome. I like it so much, I have a Warped Vinyl on the way, with plans to eventually get a Wombtone and the flanger as well.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
smetak wrote:Got my second pedal board for guitar up & running - built around a few Chase Bliss pedals I have. All powered by a Voodoo Labs 4x4.

Nice... I've just started digging into using my ES-8 with the Chase Bliss pedals (I have Gravitas and Tonal Recall). It's awesome. I like it so much, I have a Warped Vinyl on the way, with plans to eventually get a Wombtone and the flanger as well.
Yep, sounds great - these Chase Bliss effects are incredible! Really happy with this board.

Still digging into the Meris - tons of function, far from mastering the thing.

My Tonal Recall is due to take a long trip back to Joel Korte for the red-knob mod - to an amazing one second delay on an analogue unit. The guy's a genius!

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Needed to recalibrate my DMM so I rearranged my recording space pedalboard while I was down there to make more room for on the fly patching

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”