Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
Memecos
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by Memecos » Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 am

dadRabbit wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:02 pm
adolan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Nope, I didn't get anything tracking related yet either.
I really hope this happens soon, I never have participated in the pre-order/big payout and wait scheme and I gotta be honest it's not my thing and tbh I am finding out that I def ain't built for the long wait.....
I think this will definitely be worth the wait!
Yeah, for sure! :sb:

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by dadRabbit » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Does anybody know if the Easel Command will be compatible with the Roli Seaboard Rise? I imagine if it works with a Sensel morph it should work with a Roli as long as it has the USB A host module installed correct?

User avatar
Memecos
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by Memecos » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm

dadRabbit wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm
Does anybody know if the Easel Command will be compatible with the Roli Seaboard Rise? I imagine if it works with a Sensel morph it should work with a Roli as long as it has the USB A host module installed correct?
I’m pretty sure about it, you can use any MIDI/MPE controller

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by dadRabbit » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Good to know, I'd love a LEM218 but the Roli is gonna have to do the job til I can track one down.

tokyojoe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by tokyojoe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 am

dadRabbit wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm
Good to know, I'd love a LEM218 but the Roli is gonna have to do the job til I can track one down.
I picked one up from Foxtone recently ($599) and I believe they have more in stock.

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by dadRabbit » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:06 pm

tokyojoe wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 am
dadRabbit wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm
Good to know, I'd love a LEM218 but the Roli is gonna have to do the job til I can track one down.
I picked one up from Foxtone recently ($599) and I believe they have more in stock.
Really? I just looked at Foxtone's site and I didn't see any 218's listed other than the bundle they had with the Snoopy. Am I missing something?

littletinymonkey
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by littletinymonkey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:08 pm

You have to call. I was able to get one, too, but they don't have them advertised on the website.

User avatar
doublestewart
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: salt lake city

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by doublestewart » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

I emailed them and they said they would have more at the end of the month.

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by dadRabbit » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Good to know, and damn they are only selling it for $599? Was there a typo there where you forgot a 1 before the 5?

littletinymonkey
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by littletinymonkey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm

I believe they are b-stock and was told that they may have imperfections.

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by dadRabbit » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Wow, quite a price drop. I sent them an e-mail in hopes of grabbing one, hopefully the imperfections aren't too significant, not much of a choice considering you can't find them anywhere else.

User avatar
doublestewart
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: salt lake city

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by doublestewart » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Let us know what they say.

tokyojoe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by tokyojoe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:32 pm

dadRabbit wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:24 pm
Wow, quite a price drop. I sent them an e-mail in hopes of grabbing one, hopefully the imperfections aren't too significant, not much of a choice considering you can't find them anywhere else.
Yes, I purchased for $599. I should have mentioned that it was b-stock. However, besides a couple of small scratches it is in excellent shape and works perfectly.

User avatar
adolan
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by adolan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm

tokyojoe wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:32 pm
dadRabbit wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:24 pm
Wow, quite a price drop. I sent them an e-mail in hopes of grabbing one, hopefully the imperfections aren't too significant, not much of a choice considering you can't find them anywhere else.
Yes, I purchased for $599. I should have mentioned that it was b-stock. However, besides a couple of small scratches it is in excellent shape and works perfectly.
Yup, I also got a 218 Lem to go with my Command Module, I got the fretless version for $699 (b stock) so yeah they have some available for people who are buying the 208C..

littletinymonkey
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by littletinymonkey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm

I’m new to all of this.. what’s the fretless version versus “whatever else” option?

User avatar
adolan
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by adolan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 pm

littletinymonkey wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm
I’m new to all of this.. what’s the fretless version versus “whatever else” option?
the orange/red lines on the "keyboard" are plastic fret like pieces, glued in place to have some separation between "keys" I guess, I think it was the earlier iteration of the 218 LEM they had re vamped it to a fretless version, there are plans to make a new version in the works according to Eric whom I spoke to last week at length.

He also said that they will def be shipping this month but they are still waiting for the Boats to arrive, everything has been done at this point (they were testing each unit when I spoke to him, he said each unit takes almost an hour to test) and that they will get everything out as soon as they can. He also told. me that the factory that makes the 208c is keeping a tight ship as far as visits inspection etc (they make stuff for Sequential Oberhiem Dave Smith) to minimize the risk of exposure to their employees as they continue to make their business go, so ya gotta give em some slack...

User avatar
lilskullymane
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:18 pm
Location: portland, or

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by lilskullymane » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:30 pm

could someone post a picture of said fretless 218 when they get a chance? had never really considered the 218 due to price but that is a steal...

User avatar
greenanother
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by greenanother » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pm

adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 pm
littletinymonkey wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm
I’m new to all of this.. what’s the fretless version versus “whatever else” option?
there are plans to make a new version in the works according to Eric whom I spoke to last week at length
Thanks for the info. Did Eric happen to mention any differences with the new version of the 218 they are producing?
https://soundcloud.com/greenanother
________________________________________

User avatar
adolan
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by adolan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:45 pm

greenanother wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pm
adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 pm
littletinymonkey wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm
I’m new to all of this.. what’s the fretless version versus “whatever else” option?
there are plans to make a new version in the works according to Eric whom I spoke to last week at length
Thanks for the info. Did Eric happen to mention any differences with the new version of the 218 they are producing?
Nope, we didnt get into that, Tbh I had other things to inquire about and since I had already paid I didnt want to go there, to the ooh the newer =better etc I got jerked route ;)

User avatar
Fuzz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:05 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by Fuzz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:35 pm

I have some features that I have my fingers crossed for.
darksparkler.bandcamp.com - Music
sourceofuncertainty.audio - Podcast

User avatar
mgscheue
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by mgscheue » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:08 pm

adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 pm
He also said that they will def be shipping this month but they are still waiting for the Boats to arrive, everything has been done at this point (they were testing each unit when I spoke to him, he said each unit takes almost an hour to test) and that they will get everything out as soon as they can. He also told. me that the factory that makes the 208c is keeping a tight ship as far as visits inspection etc (they make stuff for Sequential Oberhiem Dave Smith) to minimize the risk of exposure to their employees as they continue to make their business go, so ya gotta give em some slack...
Thanks for the update on this. Sounds good!

tokyojoe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by tokyojoe » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:04 am

adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Yup, I also got a 218 Lem to go with my Command Module, I got the fretless version for $699 (b stock) so yeah they have some available for people who are buying the 208C..
Interesting, Wes didn't mention they had fretless b-stock when I called. However, I'm really happy with the fretted 218 - looking forward to pairing it with the 208c.

User avatar
adolan
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by adolan » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:32 pm

tokyojoe wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:04 am
adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Yup, I also got a 218 Lem to go with my Command Module, I got the fretless version for $699 (b stock) so yeah they have some available for people who are buying the 208C..
Interesting, Wes didn't mention they had fretless b-stock when I called. However, I'm really happy with the fretted 218 - looking forward to pairing it with the 208c.
Yeah, I was actually ready to try and get a 223e but we got to talking about the 218 Lem and that was when he mentioned the 218 LEM b stock, I guess it was meant to be ;) also maybe early enough that they still had a few left.

tokyojoe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by tokyojoe » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:07 pm

adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Yeah, I was actually ready to try and get a 223e but we got to talking about the 218 Lem and that was when he mentioned the 218 LEM b stock, I guess it was meant to be ;) also maybe early enough that they still had a few left.
I did consider the 223e as well. I wonder how well it pairs with the 208?

User avatar
seozian
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:59 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by seozian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm

tokyojoe wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:07 pm
adolan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Yeah, I was actually ready to try and get a 223e but we got to talking about the 218 Lem and that was when he mentioned the 218 LEM b stock, I guess it was meant to be ;) also maybe early enough that they still had a few left.
I did consider the 223e as well. I wonder how well it pairs with the 208?
I don’t have experience with the 208, but users on the forum have stated that while powerful and versatile, the 223e is slightly overkill given the amount of CV inputs on the 208. That might be different now since the new 208C has a number of new CV inputs which might make better use of the 223e’s large number of outputs and grouping functions. The arpeggiator section on the 223e is also much deeper than the one on the 218.
:buchla:

Post Reply

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”