Noob Question re:Banana Plug mods

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

gnome666
Common Wiggler

Noob Question re:Banana Plug mods

Post by gnome666 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:31 am

So, maybe a totally dumb question, but: If I have a completed serge panel, is it possible to change the colors of some of the banana plugs to match my other panels, without de-soldering and rewiring?

To be clear, this is purely for aesthetic reasons and because I'm a spazz :omg:

djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Noob Question re:Banana Plug mods

Post by djs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:09 am

Generally no, unless they used some sort of quick release on the banana plugs, which is highly unlikely.

On the other hand, this shouldn't be that hard of a job for someone who has some soldering capability.
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 am

I think I'm the only regular banana design producer (though obviously I'm not in the actual Serge world) who uses the sockets with removable coloured caps - most banana sockets are instead an integral socket & plastic housing. So, no simple colour swap - you have to change the whole socket.

gnome666
Common Wiggler

Post by gnome666 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:06 pm

BugBrand wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 am
I think I'm the only regular banana design producer (though obviously I'm not in the actual Serge world) who uses the sockets with removable coloured caps - most banana sockets are instead an integral socket & plastic housing. So, no simple colour swap - you have to change the whole socket.
bugbrand is the only reason I thought it possible (ironically enough) as one of the colored caps became unscrewed on a used module I received in the mail :)

Well, not good news for my Serge Panel and OCD color coordinating desire, but the voltages are all the same no matter what color the caps are right? :hihi:

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”