Buchla & CV tools (Ableton) - what sound card?

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Alan Smithee
Learning to Wiggle

Buchla & CV tools (Ableton) - what sound card?

Post by Alan Smithee » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 am

So, I want to experiment with Buchla and Ableton CV tools. Anyone got any good experience with that? What sound card with DC Coupling that works well for this do you recommend?

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/cv-tools/

Polyterative
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Buchla & CV tools (Ableton) - what sound card?

Post by Polyterative » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:53 am

With a (ES-8/ES-9 or ES-6+ES-3) + a disting mk4 in buchla convertion mode it should work

bcomnes
Common Wiggler

Post by bcomnes » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too Loud?

Too Bad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bcomnes
Common Wiggler

Post by bcomnes » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:13 am

Btw I use a MOTU ultralite hybrid mk3 just fine for DC coupling, and a little trick is that the balanced TRS outs combined with a stereo to dual mono adapter gives you two copies of the voltage albeit mirrored. Expert sleepers actually recommends separating the tip and ring as a precaution for some DC coupled interfaces

And for real DC coupling fun take a good hard look at VCV Rack and Spektro CV Toolkit, way more options than Ableton tools
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too Loud?

Too Bad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

StrangeAttraction
Common Wiggler

Post by StrangeAttraction » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:07 pm

I think Ableton's CV tools and M4L plugins do way more in a much tighter package than Spektro CV Toolkit. VCV Rack is great too - a different beast to Ableton though.
bcomnes wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:13 am
Btw I use a MOTU ultralite hybrid mk3 just fine for DC coupling, and a little trick is that the balanced TRS outs combined with a stereo to dual mono adapter gives you two copies of the voltage albeit mirrored. Expert sleepers actually recommends separating the tip and ring as a precaution for some DC coupled interfaces

And for real DC coupling fun take a good hard look at VCV Rack and Spektro CV Toolkit, way more options than Ableton tools

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”