Easel program card and MO range

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

misa
Ultra Wiggler

Easel program card and MO range

Post by misa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:01 am

Hi,

At one point I want to have the Easel Toolbox by Papz .

But for a short term project, I am wondering if I couldn’t use a program card, a switch and two resistors to be able to switch the MO between Lo and High range.

Is this possible?
OUT NOW: GRAT - CHAOSMAGIC. on CD (digifile) and download, three dark ambient tracks rooted in Magic Realism. CHECK IT OUT HERE

Buy it now: "Heart Murmur" 10" vinyl on Bandcamp (solo Buchla 200e, no overdubs, recorded live in Berlin) out now everywhere!

MechaSeb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Easel program card and MO range

Post by MechaSeb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:16 am

Should work yes.
Personnaly i wanted to get the looping function so i installed the Dunnington mod board on the program card. Recommended.

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by papz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Kai

To transpose to higher range, simply connect contact 1 of the front/bottom row (+15V) to contact 11 of the rear/top row (MO frequency) via a 240k resistor and a multiturn trimpot (votage divider, any value between 10k and 100k is ok, it is not critical,) to scale the transposition range and a switch.

To transpose to both higher and lower ranges like on the ToolBox, use a 3 position on/off/on switch and add the same wiring via resistor and multiturn trimpot to the contact 1 of the rear/top row (-15V).
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

misa
Ultra Wiggler

Post by misa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you very much!

Are we talking about this card then?
IMG_0164.jpeg
IMG_0164.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OUT NOW: GRAT - CHAOSMAGIC. on CD (digifile) and download, three dark ambient tracks rooted in Magic Realism. CHECK IT OUT HERE

Buy it now: "Heart Murmur" 10" vinyl on Bandcamp (solo Buchla 200e, no overdubs, recorded live in Berlin) out now everywhere!

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by papz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Yes, you can use the top rows of holes to install the switches. The +/-15V rails are also present there.
I did it on the ToolBox'a ancestor. :zombie:
8949711012638.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

davebr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by davebr » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:37 am

misa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:01 am
I am wondering if I couldn’t use a program card, a switch and two resistors to be able to switch the MO between Lo and High range.

Is this possible?
This is exactly what I did although I used trimmers so I could trim them exactly The switch is 3 position so +1 oct, 0, +2 oct. It's at the bottom of my 208 V2 page.

Dave
208_mo_0-1-2_oct_plugin.jpg

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”