Serge Information and Purchasing

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Vsyevolod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Post your proof. Either put up or shut it.

Stephen

tobb
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tobb » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:58 am

Stop with your out of thin air posts and spreading lies over and over again.

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:53 am

Anyone has mail to Rex that works ?
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

Reality Checkpoint
Confused By Electricity

Post by Reality Checkpoint » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:54 pm

erenod wrote:Anyone has mail to Rex that works ?
Last one I used was sts7@sbcglobal.net

I think it still works.

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:23 pm

^ Nope, got bumped off the mail
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:52 pm

That's the one I used, too and it worked within the last month.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Vsyevolod wrote:Post your proof. Either put up or shut it.

Stephen

Like a tracking number?

100P83788951011
sascha.victoria wrote:
tojpeters wrote:So post still up,no further contributions.
I guess the rules ARE for the little guys.
I thought Rex's post was kind of lame. He controls Serge Fans and refuses to update that site. Then he comes here and he can make for sale posts in a forum and not follow the forum rules? The 2 aren't totally connected but somehow they are and it's lame.
Totally lame a dude who likely didn't know the deal even posts. Ran his ass off.

He probably likes playing blues bass in Chicago more than updating websites he offered to inherit and hardly even uses. Yet he dares to refuse to update the site. He obviously has no understanding of how entitled we feel to his efforts, or lack of!
FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Divinital

Post by Divinital » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:27 am

Is Serge "standalone" and people usually build entire system out of them or can you simply add them to existing Eurorack setups?

I just bought the modules on my Modular Grid and I love the Serge demos from what I can tell, they can produce some really Daft Punk-y timbres, I forget what video I watched but they're dope~!

I'm not purchasing modules for a while, but will I be able to easily incorporate them into my setup or is there something I'm missing as to why they and Buchla have their own sub-forum?

Cheers

fonik
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fonik » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:10 am

Divinital wrote:Is Serge "standalone" and people usually build entire system out of them or can you simply add them to existing Eurorack setups?
Our Random*Source Euro-Serge modules are the 4U designs but in the 3U form factor. You could use the Eurorack infrastructure.
Yes, you could combine them with any other Eurorack stuff w/o damaging anything, however, the voltage standards are not accommodated to Eurorack.
In general:
Audio 5Vpp bipolar (iso 10Vpp bipolar Euro)
CV 5Vpp unipolar (iso 5Vpp bipolar Euro)

What I have seen often are either Eurorack systems with a Serge VCF here and there, or Serge systems with some Eurorack utility modules here and there.
YMMV, each one his own
Big Boss at fonitronik.de
Tech Buddy at Random*Source/Serge

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:28 pm

fonik wrote:
Divinital wrote:Is Serge "standalone" and people usually build entire system out of them or can you simply add them to existing Eurorack setups?
Our Random*Source Euro-Serge modules are the 4U designs but in the 3U form factor. You could use the Eurorack infrastructure.
Yes, you could combine them with any other Eurorack stuff w/o damaging anything, however, the voltage standards are not accommodated to Eurorack.
In general:
Audio 5Vpp bipolar (iso 10Vpp bipolar Euro)
CV 5Vpp unipolar (iso 5Vpp bipolar Euro)

What I have seen often are either Eurorack systems with a Serge VCF here and there, or Serge systems with some Eurorack utility modules here and there.
YMMV, each one his own
My EuroSerge is currently in a separate case from my other Euro stuff. It's a little fiddly to incorporate them, requiring a judicious use of attenuators/attenuverters and VCAs to manage voltage levels, but far from impossible.

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”