200e BUG REPORTING/TESTING v30 &higher only

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

corkyburger
Common Wiggler

251e Looping

Post by corkyburger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Just confirmed this with Charles.

Looping functionality is buggy as hell.
Trying to get a simple multi stage sequence with nested loops to work as expected is impossible. The loops seem to jump about in an almost random way.

Sequencer 2 reacts differently to loops . I tested by copying the same sequence to all 4 sequences.

stares in to the abyss of ever seeing a firmware update to fix this..........

PDT
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 251e Looping

Post by PDT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 pm

corkyburger wrote: Looping functionality is buggy as hell.
Trying to get a simple multi stage sequence with nested loops to work as expected is impossible. The loops seem to jump about in an almost random way.

Sequencer 2 reacts differently to loops . I tested by copying the same sequence to all 4 sequences.
This is not a real bug report. Can you explain in detail what you did, and how the 251e did something totally random?

corkyburger
Common Wiggler

Post by corkyburger » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 am

Sorry I forgot the strict rules for bug reports. I was venting to be honest! Pissed off at the time I wasted trying to make something work in the way it should/was advertised, when in fact the problem is that the firmware is buggy.

And I'm not actually sure I could precisely explain what is happening as the behaviour is so random. Basically I'm trying to create a 24 stage sequence with 3 loops within that, that loop for an amount determined by the End setting before moving on to the next loop, the next loop and then returning to stage zero. I'm unable to get this to work, no matter which settings I put in to the Loop Beg and End.

What does happen is a seemingly random jumping about with little correlation to the settings.

If I get the time I'll try and notate the exact sequence. Please delete these posts if they break the rules. Apologies.

maxl0rd
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 200e BUG REPORTING/TESTING v30 &higher only

Post by maxl0rd » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:55 am

When using the 226h to input notes to the internal midi bus, there is an undesirable behavior.

All voltages scale correctly to notes save 0.0 volts. If 0 volts is present at the CV in and a pulse is sent, it puts a very high value on the internal midi bus causing the 261 to jump to a very high frequency. It would be better to send a minimum note value, or nothing at all.

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”