First demo track, what genre would you put me in?

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

dBVelocity
Learning to Wiggle

First demo track, what genre would you put me in?

Post by dBVelocity » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:41 am

A quick one take recording of one of my songs that I've been sculpting for some time now. I appreciate all feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/user-350027194/s ... stice-snow

Fog Door
Wiggling with Experience

Re: First demo track, what genre would you put me in?

Post by Fog Door » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 pm

I would probably describe the genre simply as electronica, I think the style of music sits pretty squarely within that genre.

There really is a lot I like about your track, I don't usually offer criticisms on here, I mean, who am I to judge ? But as you have asked for all feedback, I will give you my thoughts about what would improve the track for me, others may disagree.

I really like the drums/percussion in general, but I do not like the main snare sound that begins about a minute in. It is at the very least too loud in the mix and the quite aggressive nature of that sound is jarring against all the pretty little sounds and melodies it relegates to the background. I would get rid of it totally or bury it much lower in the mix, I don't think you have a propulsive dance track on your hands, so no point trying to force the issue with that snare. I suppose I am just an old acid casualty at heart but I also think your track sounds quite dry and given its style, would benefit from some (possibly even a lot of) reverb or delay, there is a lovely hallucinatory quality to it, it just needs a little help getting there. Just my opinions, of course, but with a little adjustment, its a track I could really enjoy. Excellent for a first demo though, keep up the good work, sir :tu:

dBVelocity
Learning to Wiggle

Re: First demo track, what genre would you put me in?

Post by dBVelocity » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:00 pm

Wow, that was some awesome insight! Thank you for listening. I agree that the snare came on stronger than I intended and greatly appreciate your other suggestions..I'll attack it again and I hope to get a couple of my other tracks uploaded later this week. :tu:

Return to “Your Tunes Here”