I don't really see people talking about the Pittsburgh Microvolt very often. Here's a weird little jam I did on mine.

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

mr_william
Learning to Wiggle

I don't really see people talking about the Pittsburgh Microvolt very often. Here's a weird little jam I did on mine.

Post by mr_william » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Quick jam with the Microvolt. All sounds are coming from the Microvolt though its running through an (off screen) Make Noise Mimeophon.

The top row of the SQ-1 is running the melody for the Microvolt through the pitch CV in but its going through "in a" of the Microvolt's mixer before hand. The bottom row of the SQ-1 is being played manually. It is going through "in b" of the mixer. I'm basically using the mixer as a precision adder in order to transpose the top row sequence of the SQ-1 with the bottom row. The function generator of the Microvolt is running in audio rates and droning away. I have this going into the external in with the gain cranked up a bit to make it a little more sonically interesting and of course its sharing the main oscillator's signal path-- VCF and VCA/LPG.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Re: I don't really see people talking about the Pittsburgh Microvolt very often. Here's a weird little jam I did on mine

Post by pmboos » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Neat trick... Definitely shows how versatile the Korg SQ-1 is even with some of its limitations. I always wonder where Korg may take this sequencer if they create a new version.
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

mr_william
Learning to Wiggle

Re: I don't really see people talking about the Pittsburgh Microvolt very often. Here's a weird little jam I did on mine

Post by mr_william » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm

pmboos wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 pm
Neat trick... Definitely shows how versatile the Korg SQ-1 is even with some of its limitations. I always wonder where Korg may take this sequencer if they create a new version.
The SQ-1 is a lot more versatile than people give it credit for. People laugh when I say its my favorite sequencer lol. The SQ-1 is pretty "old" these days. If Korg hasn't come out with an updated version by now, they probably aren't going to. It would have to compete with a lot of other sequencers like the Beat Step Pro and in the rack eurorack sequencers.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Yeah, maybe so, but that "playability" factor is pretty significant in my mind. You have to go pretty pricey I think before you get that (or maybe I am just not seeing it in other cheaper versions).

It makes a great complement to the Microvolt as well (and the 0-Coast).
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

coldresponse
Learning to Wiggle

Post by coldresponse » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Very pleasing sound.

Make a track out of this!
Cold Response
Vancouver, BC, Canada

380HP ish of eurorack modules, Minilogue XDM, EX5, Ableton, vintage and homemade electronics.

https://soundcloud.com/crxt

Spotify :
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7cKXuYVvLkmkvbjf6NeFCJ

https://www.instagram.com/coldresponsemusic/

mr_william
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mr_william » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:35 pm

coldresponse wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:37 pm
Very pleasing sound.

Make a track out of this!
I might do a little Microvolt EP in the near future!

Return to “Your Tunes Here”