Early works

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

oberdada
Common Wiggler

Early works

Post by oberdada » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:49 am

I'm digging into the archives and recording stuff I wrote as a young teenager in the mid 1980's. Most of the songs are just written as a melody line and chords, some of them were recorded on cassette by bouncing and overdubbing mono tracks on a double deck.

Some kind of progressive rock from 1986.

Music for those who do not understand. This one was supposed to be a boring, annoying, tedious song, but I didn't finish it because, well, it bored me at the time.

Written in 1985, arranged and recorded last year.

Part 7 of a reconstruction of a 15 minute jam recorded on cassette. I'll reuse parts of the original recording, but large parts of it has been newly recorded.

Just a fragment to be repeated.

All this and much more will end up on an album with almost 40 tracks in all.

Fog Door
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Early works

Post by Fog Door » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 pm

What an interesting project, I really enjoyed listening to these tracks, they have a unique charm all of their own. Clean sounding recordings are not usually to my taste, but the recordings and sounds you've used really suit the music, very good. I look forward to hearing more :tu:

oberdada
Common Wiggler

Re: Early works

Post by oberdada » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 am

Thanks Fog Door, I'll post an update at least when the album is out if not before.

Yes, these tracks happen to be quite clean, but I also have a few recorded on a porta studio that inevitably will sound somewhat more noisy. Then there are the few original cassette recordings that I'm cleaning up and trying to make fit in with the newly recorded material. It's not obvious how to put everything together, but for me it has been a very fun project.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”