Eurorack Techno

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Eurorack Techno

Post by calvinsomething » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:01 pm

So I'll post a jam I did today, and we'll see how/if I progress in the future :P

Been playing a lot due to quarantine... and right now I don't actually have much in the way of eurorack, just over 208 hp. But I have some stuff in boxes and a new 12U case I will be setting up as soon as I get my new finger-turn screws.

So for now there are 2 Boomstar synths and a BSP in the equation, as well as 2 H9 pedals that I plan to keep once everything else is in the box.

Anyway, this will be post 1. I feel like I need to back off on the number of voices and not let things get cluttered. Any criticism is welcome.

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Eurorack Techno

Post by calvinsomething » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Here's another one, from just now.

More minimal, which is what I want to learn... it's hard to trust what you've done enough, and add on top of something interesting without ruining it.

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Post by calvinsomething » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Alright, here's another one... The delayed, kinda vocal sounding voice that comes in at the beginning is a Dixie2 TZFMing a Rubicon 2, which I normally use for shorter notes, but I want to get longer notes out of my modular (quantizer and mixed LFOS and S+H, no sequencer) that will be a good base for a track. This is probably my first try at doing that.

Hopefully I'm moving in the right direction....

IEC
Common Wiggler

Post by IEC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

i think i like the first track the best!

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Post by calvinsomething » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks. Yeah maybe partly because the groove is better. I'll try to focus on that.

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Post by calvinsomething » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Ok, is this better or worse? I made it before the first one I posted. Just like everything here, there's obvious mistakes... it's just a jam.

But I'd like to learn what I should be focusing on/what style I'm best at.

Thanks!

IEC
Common Wiggler

Post by IEC » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 am

I think the first half of that track 145 is great! just my (uneducated) opinion, i tend to steer away from the more industrial sounding material though, the chronologically earlier stuff has a bit of a sweeter tone to me? i think you should focus on whatever gives you the most joy musically though, dont worry too much about what i think i may have no taste at all :)

Return to “Your Tunes Here”