Finally got over my writer's block

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Finally got over my writer's block

Post by cg_funk » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Been in a slump recently and couldn't record much of anything... but I finally broke through. Maybe it's just that I'm getting used to the forced lockdown, I dunno. But I feel inspired to record a bunch again.

I recorded this on my modular setup on Dec31 2019, just as I was packing my things to move to Denmark. I was testing out to make sure my minimal 7U was gonna cut it for recording, and I was happy with the result.

Then I had a break for 2 whole months, no recording at all... :doh:
I couldn't seem to get past the slump, no inspiration, but modular sitting there ready to be patched. I got worried I made bad choices in what modules to bring. I pined for the other 7U of modules packed into a box in LA. No sequencer, not enough reverbs and effects, no Rings! Arg!
IMG_7311.jpg
Finally I got back into a beat this week. I just started recording again. I feel happier.
First I made this really slow track inspired by the Kalø ruins on the outskirts of Aarhus:

Then I recorded a silly bit with my 3-year old kid and the microphone:

It's not all that, but I figured out how to overdrive the BIA through my Tallin, a TON, and I think I like the bass better that way on computer speakers.

Then today I recorded again!! YAY! I think my most inspired recording so far this year:

I was making some tempered chocolates last night, and that's where I got the name from..
Oh. Here's a picture of said rhubarb chocolates:
IMG_7310.jpg
Let me know what you think if you give it a listen!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oberdada
Common Wiggler

Re: Finally got over my writer's block

Post by oberdada » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm

The duet was a nice one. Just a touch of vocals makes a big difference.
I wouldn't worry about a writer's block unless you have a commission or something, but it sounds like you are having fun.

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Finally got over my writer's block

Post by cg_funk » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:26 pm

oberdada wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm
The duet was a nice one. Just a touch of vocals makes a big difference.
I wouldn't worry about a writer's block unless you have a commission or something, but it sounds like you are having fun.
Yes, as long as they are not MY vocals!! ha ha. There's a joy to a child's voice that is something worth recording.

Recording music IS a lot of fun, and that's most of the point of it for me. Although it's also really nice to have some listeners too, so thanks a lot for tuning in! :tu:

Return to “Your Tunes Here”