Horror Themes

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

vrfats
Common Wiggler

Horror Themes

Post by vrfats » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Got pretty obsessed with Fabio Frizzi, Goblin, John Carpenter and all that jazz recently and decided to make a theme with some mellotron choir samples loaded into Bitbox and other euro modules.

Would love to hear your thoughts or personal takes on this genre.
Cheers,
RR

Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Horror Themes

Post by Fog Door » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:22 am

The whole faux italian horror movie thing seems to have become somewhat oversubscribed over the years. I'm huge fan of this type of material but I confess I've grown a little fatigued by it. Nonetheless, in my view, this is a very, very good example of that genre. Modern approximations are balanced on a hair's breadth in a game of fine margins. One misstep and the spell is broken, but you have negotiated the pitfalls beautifully. It's impressive. :tu:

I must say though, in my opinion, the video does absolutely nothing for the music :confused: :lol:

vrfats
Common Wiggler

Post by vrfats » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I might avoid making a release overtly inspired by these things with a horror movie style cover as this trope is played out. Still a fun jumping off point I guess. Soundtrack and library music has been something I have been consuming a lot of these days.

I think Cyclobe have an interesting modern approach to horror inspired music that avoids the pitfalls of John Carpenter worship.

...and it is true the video was an afterthought.

Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fog Door » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:23 pm

a release overtly inspired by these things with a horror movie style cover as this trope is played out
Yes, its that particular way of presenting the music, the "imaginary film that never existed" that has been somewhat over exposed, more so than the music itself. A beautiful idea, that for the moment has been done to death.

There is an astonishing wealth of riches to be found in the world of soundtracks and library, though no doubt the death knell is already sounding for the "fake library record"!

Return to “Your Tunes Here”