What noise is to you...

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Bro noise :deadbanana:
Last edited by PapaLazarou on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

cycad73

Post by cycad73 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm

so how is wolf eyes "bro"? not really into them in terms of being a scenester/completist, but i like what i've heard... i think new generations should be able to go someplace else with the sound/concept...

also DAF live in 1979/80 did veer into punk/noise assault. they had already gone through a few lineups before achieving their mature sound. it's closer than you think, maybe even closer than neubauten at the time. the noise stuff came out more live (the 'live' tracks on die kleinen and die bösen) but was there in the beginning.

free jazz also comes in through takayanagi/abe from early 1970's and also peter brötzmann. borbetomagus seems more in this tradition.

deepblackjoe@gmail.com
Common Wiggler

Post by deepblackjoe@gmail.com » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:42 pm

the spiderweb that describes all the modulating halfwits in the mist. go in. inward

PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:35 pm

cycad73 wrote:so how is wolf eyes "bro"? not really into them in terms of being a scenester/completist, but i like what i've heard... i think new generations should be able to go someplace else with the sound/concept...
the record on subpop i guess? :deadbanana: I do love the one with Anthony Braxton though

Return to “Synth Noise”