Euro Modules for Noise

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

mmelnick
No melody, no harmony

Post by mmelnick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:04 pm

Also, just to repeat myself..the MASF OSc03 is probably the best noise/power electronics module out there and it comes as a stand alone unit too. I havea few and love them. Not just white noise, but chaotic ripping sickness
matthewmelnick.com
metrono.me
bloodofazombie.com
darksidenyc.com
myworld.ebay.com/brooklyn_collectables

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 am

snowday wrote:bought an arcade noise on your recommendation, great module, I don't entirely understand how it works, plus there's no manual, but you can get all sorts of looping and non looping noise tones as well as some noisy-ish pitches out of it.

Recently got a ritual electronics miasma, awesome feedback and distortion capabilities, I love making a loop with the feedback in and out. gonna get the expander soon so I can switch the diodes on the fly.
The Arcade Noise can be a bit fiddly. Sometimes I can get it to sequence nice.

First set the bit to 8 Bit and the Clock Freq. to Hi. Patch a VCO wave into the Reset input and splitting a cv sequence into the VCO 's v/OCT and the AN Clock cv in. You can then put a slow triangle or something into the Tap CV and it will give PW modulation like sounds. Patch a 2nd sequencer into the 2-4 Tap input and get all kinds of transposed notes.

Then I mult the AN into the feeding VCO's FM input and adjust to taste. Play with the AN switches and see what happens.

I don't understand how all of the module works. I'm not that sharp on logical and functional whatnot. But this module is pretty deep if you are patient. As an LFO type source or as a sound source. I have two and love them as inexpensive oddballs.

Plus it's just a good different noise source. If I gain any insights I will let you know.

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm

mmelnick wrote:Also, just to repeat myself..the MASF OSc03 is probably the best noise/power electronics module out there and it comes as a stand alone unit too. I havea few and love them. Not just white noise, but chaotic ripping sickness
yep, very nice. just ordered one ...
edit: got it, an immediatly ordered another one. great stuff!
second unit came in and it sounds a bit different to the first one. component variation? i'm not complaining though. having two slightly diffent ones is a plus.
Last edited by felixer on Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)

timdrage
Learning to Wiggle

Post by timdrage » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:57 am

Finally got round to building my Feedback Modules Pre CR, it's a clone of an Mackie 1202 channel strip I think, gain, eq and volume controls, really great sounding distortion, intended for emulating some classic acid techno overdrive or whatever but totally perfect for noise purposes too

JM Midnight
Common Wiggler

Post by JM Midnight » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Just got the Shard and Wreckage eurorack modules by X1L3. I can't even explain how massive they are for Noise.

goganao
Learning to Wiggle

Post by goganao » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:46 am

FetidEye wrote:i've designed a noise module too.
harsh and raw lunetta
viewtopic.php?t=157817
In case you listen to it using headsets and after enabling noise cancelation with full vol then its gonna burst :ripbanana:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Maybe obvious but finding a variety of manual switches (some on mixers/attenuators) useful for the noise racket. Abrupt changes on command.

Studio Electronics Boomstar Router (I have two) 2HP each
Plan B Model 9 Mixer/Attenuator - huge
Erica Synths Black Mute Mixer - 6HP good value for the space
EMW Switch Interface I - 6 HP but three routers (2 types)

The Noise Engineering one looks great.
https://www.perfectcircuit.com/noise-en ... jovis.html
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

nouuislo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nouuislo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:22 pm

You can get some very noisy stuff out of the SSF URA ... particularly with self patching and creative clock modulation!

iSapien1956672
Common Wiggler

Post by iSapien1956672 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 am

I'm happy with the noise I get from my Beast-Tek modules, Dirty Glitch and Hyper Fist.
But I also get some great noise from just the A-110 with the right amount of manipulation.

:youkids: ...and another thing, I just recently bought the Jupiter Spirits from Recovery Effects and I have my 2hp Seq into the top Oscillator and just have it fed into and cascading down the Jupiter Spirits on into the next, the noises I get are pretty satisfying to me.

Something like this.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:59 am

^ Nice to see another ISD Sampler user here. Also, nice to see some Dreadbox modular.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by andrewF » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am

This one is purpose built for chaos/noise - Mobius PiLL

[video][/video]

Return to “Synth Noise”