Most aggressive and brutal distortion ever

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

Pyrrhix
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Most aggressive and brutal distortion ever

Post by Pyrrhix » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 pm

carbonhazard wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 am
building wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 am
dod corrosion
i have a metal x which is supposedly the same pedal, corrosion was just rebranded for the lamb series. it's pretty brutal, but not as brutal as a death metal. actually a boss odb-3 is harsher as well, but the metal x sounds better.
Is the Metal X similar at all to the ODB-3? I like running an ODB-3 into a Death Metal for the chunkiness that the ODB-3 produces. But it also does something else to the sound that I don't care for, as it introduces tinges of mid-scooped guitar metal tone that is hard to avoid.

carbonhazard
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Most aggressive and brutal distortion ever

Post by carbonhazard » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:59 am

Pyrrhix wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 pm
carbonhazard wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 am
building wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 am
dod corrosion
i have a metal x which is supposedly the same pedal, corrosion was just rebranded for the lamb series. it's pretty brutal, but not as brutal as a death metal. actually a boss odb-3 is harsher as well, but the metal x sounds better.
Is the Metal X similar at all to the ODB-3? I like running an ODB-3 into a Death Metal for the chunkiness that the ODB-3 produces. But it also does something else to the sound that I don't care for, as it introduces tinges of mid-scooped guitar metal tone that is hard to avoid.
Both high gain but metal X has more character and nuance. Really great pedal for noise, buy one if you get the chance.

Return to “Synth Noise”