Hello Hordijk System

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

100000bps
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Hello Hordijk System

Post by 100000bps » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 am

Well, thank you for suggestions :)

Myy plan is really to replace benjolins and use 5U : OscSync/Rungler/TwinPeak & OscSync/Rungler/Shaper/FreqShift - as "much beefier" benjolins instead. Ideally i'd love to have Benjolin with clock in, the 5u rungler switch, the loop in and sine out but thats not happening so... beggars cant be choosers :)

I already have 6u 104 of eurorack that will do everything else. I love the formanty stuff from OscSync demos, and my use of benjolins is usually in similar sound venues.

Q: which type of PSU connectors should i choose? 12v or 15v?
Q2: anyone can give me W x H size of a panel?

Thats 126 hp MDLR case adapted to 5u... eurorack is already here, just switching 2 benjos for elements.

Corrupt
Common Wiggler

Post by Corrupt » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 am

Quick question – something I've been wondering about since my system arrived. In addition to the node "pins"/banana convertors, Rob also sent two pairs of two different kinds of node connectors.
IMG_4991.JPG
The type on the bottom, from what I can gather, is the one mentioned in the node matrix manual: "You module comes with two black plugs with white coding rings. These two plugs have an attenuating resistor inside that will attenuate a synth level signal by roughly —16dB"

All good, and it appears to do just that. But what is the wholly metallic one for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:45 am

Corrupt wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 am
Quick question – something I've been wondering about since my system arrived. In addition to the node "pins"/banana convertors, Rob also sent two pairs of two different kinds of node connectors.

IMG_4991.JPG

The type on the bottom, from what I can gather, is the one mentioned in the node matrix manual: "You module comes with two black plugs with white coding rings. These two plugs have an attenuating resistor inside that will attenuate a synth level signal by roughly —16dB"

All good, and it appears to do just that. But what is the wholly metallic one for?
Yes the bottom one is for "line level" output. But I never saw the upper one. Really don't know what it is. Ask Rob. And please post the answer here :miley:
thehordijkmodular.blogspot.fr

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:54 am

100000bps wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 am
Well, thank you for suggestions :)

Myy plan is really to replace benjolins and use 5U : OscSync/Rungler/TwinPeak & OscSync/Rungler/Shaper/FreqShift - as "much beefier" benjolins instead. Ideally i'd love to have Benjolin with clock in, the 5u rungler switch, the loop in and sine out but thats not happening so... beggars cant be choosers :)

I already have 6u 104 of eurorack that will do everything else. I love the formanty stuff from OscSync demos, and my use of benjolins is usually in similar sound venues.

Q: which type of PSU connectors should i choose? 12v or 15v?
Q2: anyone can give me W x H size of a panel?

Thats 126 hp MDLR case adapted to 5u... eurorack is already here, just switching 2 benjos for elements.
I would keep the Benjolins. Benjolins, Blippoo Box and Rungler module are different flavors. Even if they shared the same spirit, the circuits differ at some level. One cannot replace the others.
You can already lock the Rungler in the Benjolin with the switch. You have Tri Out instead of Sine Out which is also cool. You can also mod the Benjolins like Casper Electronics did.

Rob is using Meanwell PSU. I don't remember which one. If you order panels you can also order the PSU which I highly recommend. About size, a triple panel is around 325x222mm.

ear ear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ear ear » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but I don't think you can order exactly the module combination shown above from Rob with one of his cases. You'll need a Node Processor with the power inlet. As far as I'm aware Rob only sells full systems to new customers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
He throws the ink first and works out what it is later. "I've got to turn that into parrots." - Ralph Steadman

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:08 pm

Last time I asked that is what he said but maybe he changed his mind.

Return to “5U Format Modules”