Encore Electronics Universal Event Generator ~looping demo~

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Precarious
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Precarious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 pm

JRamella wrote:So... is the UEG still available in 5U? On his website it still shows... has anyone been in contact with Tony lately?
I've sent multiple emails from different accounts and never got a reply. Also had a friend attempt contact with no result. Don't know if it's the ridiculous SPAM filter they warn about on the site but not a good idea if you are trying to run a business.

I'm up for buying the MOTM version if I could find a power adapter. Anyone have a line on that?

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Precarious wrote:I'm up for buying the MOTM version if I could find a power adapter. Anyone have a line on that?
The DotCom version has both DotCom and MOTM power connectors but I just looked at my MOTM version which is fairly new and it only has a MOTM connector. I thought maybe he had updated the PCBs to have both but I guess the DotCom version had it's own PCB?

Anyways, here's a thread on making power adapter cables or Phil at Megaohm can likely sell you one if you don't want to DIY one:
\viewtopic.php?t=16488

Precarious
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Precarious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:36 pm

JohnLRice wrote:The DotCom version has both DotCom and MOTM power connectors but I just looked at my MOTM version which is fairly new and it only has a MOTM connector. I thought maybe he had updated the PCBs to have both but I guess the DotCom version had it's own PCB?

Anyways, here's a thread on making power adapter cables or Phil at Megaohm can likely sell you one if you don't want to DIY one:
\viewtopic.php?t=16488
Bummer it doesn't have both but awesome of you to check. I appreciate it! I'll look into these adapters so thank you very much for that as well. You're one of the good ones. :tu:

JRamella
Common Wiggler

Post by JRamella » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Precarious wrote: I've sent multiple emails from different accounts and never got a reply. Also had a friend attempt contact with no result. Don't know if it's the ridiculous SPAM filter they warn about on the site but not a good idea if you are trying to run a business.
Isn't Tony working for Dave Smith now? I thought someone said he was active on the Dave Smith forums. Maybe he can be reached there? Does anyone know his handle?

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 am

Yes, he works there.

goom
Ultra Wiggler

Post by goom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Dave Peck wrote:Not to toot my own horn, but I was the guy who thought up this module (snip)
Hello Dave,
Thanks for sharing that. I had no clue that you were the brainchild behind this module.

I bought a UEG when they were first released and it's always been a go-to module for me. I love the fact that it can be used in so many ways. It's very feature packed, and I always appreciated the independent time setting for each stage. It give a nice alternative to the robot sequence effect. ;-)

The only thing that I've wished for is the time CV input to be more dramatic in it's modulation.

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:28 pm

goom wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:Not to toot my own horn, but I was the guy who thought up this module (snip)
Hello Dave,
Thanks for sharing that. I had no clue that you were the brainchild behind this module.

I bought a UEG when they were first released and it's always been a go-to module for me. I love the fact that it can be used in so many ways. It's very feature packed, and I always appreciated the independent time setting for each stage. It give a nice alternative to the robot sequence effect. ;-)

The only thing that I've wished for is the time CV input to be more dramatic in it's modulation.
Thanks! Yeah, there are a couple of things I would have preferred, too. I wish the time CV had been implemented with an inverse effect - so it would DECREASE rates when the incoming CV increased. This would have made it more useful for creating a complex envelope that mimics the way real acoustic envelopes get shorter with higher pitched notes, as the KYBD CV increases. I also would have preferred a different scaling for the controls, so the first 1/3rd of the knob travel would provide fine tuned control of short rates, from 0 to maybe 50 msec,, and then have the knob provide more and more coarse control as it is rotated clockwise. So the middle third of the knob would be maybe 50 msec to 2 seconds and the last third would be maybe 2 seconds to 10 seconds. It's kinda hard to dial in short rates the way the control is currently scaled. Time for a "V2"! :banana:

beem
Common Wiggler

Post by beem » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Nice to read about this! I used to own this years back. I found it most fun in stepped mode where you could make a melody sequence with weird timing..

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Dave Peck wrote:Time for a "V2"! :banana:
:tu: Maybe a toggle switch to select three different curves/ranges?

The other day I was thinking it would also be very hand if there was another toggle switch to select "time quantization"? So the middle position would be unquantized like it is now and then the up and down positions might be called Math and Musical, or Decimal and Fraction etc where one would be steps in 100 milliseconds (or what ever amount would make sense) and the other would be steps in 1/32 or 1/64 of a second etc?

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Precarious wrote:
JRamella wrote:So... is the UEG still available in 5U? On his website it still shows... has anyone been in contact with Tony lately?
I've sent multiple emails from different accounts and never got a reply. Also had a friend attempt contact with no result. Don't know if it's the ridiculous SPAM filter they warn about on the site but not a good idea if you are trying to run a business.
There is a thread on Gear Slutz currently regarding zero communication from Encore on a Midi kit. Apparently he/they are MIA as an entity.

eskimo99
Learning to Wiggle

Post by eskimo99 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:46 am

I had the same problem contacting through the email...
He did contact me back a month after I paid for something...

Find him on Facebook it will be much quicker

Return to “5U Format Modules”