Modcan order

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Sugarfree
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sugarfree » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 pm

I wonder if he ever resumes 5U production. I remember that his Euro modules require less of his personal engagement. This may be a deciding factor.

Regardless, I hope he gets better.

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 am

it appears im potentially making another attempt

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:20 pm

dude wrote:it appears im potentially making another attempt
:party: :sb:

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 am

Oh HELLA YEAH, Dude! I think both JLR and I both want you back in the Modcan B club again! Been too damn long without you!

Some great B modules happening in the B/S/T thread right now (as I see you are aware). Heck, you better buy what you can before I step in and sell a kidney and beat you to it...!

(Just kidding! I would never do that to you!)

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing, Fella.

Scooter McCrae

boothnavy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by boothnavy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 pm

dude wrote:it appears im potentially making another attempt
Yes come back!

As scooter knows, I am remaking the metal modcan cases, so i got you there...
boothnavy - synthesist

www.analogcraftsman.com

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 pm

woah wait? the white paint match with power 6 full motm space cases?

honestly i'm listening for the first time to the tape on my walkman that i did based on the conglomeration of my mostly modcan modular sketches. and i'm pretty in.

but bruce hasn't responded yet. so it's looking like it would all be used and i'm not sure how i feel about:

a. the new cost for way old modules with no support.

b. the likely endless search for even the tiny simple system i have planned.

DomMorley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DomMorley » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 am

boothnavy wrote:
As scooter knows, I am remaking the metal modcan cases, so i got you there...
Are you making the rack frames too? Or even just the ears tbh. I can grab the rails elsewhere.
How I fill my days: www.dommorley.com

"Your head will collapse, but there's nothing in it..."

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:07 am

I'm still kind of hoping either a fairly complete Modcan A system with some of the more interesting modules, or a Synton Fenix II+III, appears for sale somewhat locally, and the buyer happens to be interested in a trade for a Wiard 300 system...

I realize that's pretty much as probable as seeing world peace in my lifetime, but one can always dream...

DomMorley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DomMorley » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:09 am

flts wrote:I'm still kind of hoping either a fairly complete Modcan A system with some of the more interesting modules,
There have been quite a few on Reverb recently. Not a whole system, but some good stuff.
How I fill my days: www.dommorley.com

"Your head will collapse, but there's nothing in it..."

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:32 am

DomMorley wrote:
flts wrote:I'm still kind of hoping either a fairly complete Modcan A system with some of the more interesting modules,
There have been quite a few on Reverb recently. Not a whole system, but some good stuff.
That's true! They aren't isn't complete unobtanium so far, and modules pop up every now and then.

I've just grown tired of the familiar part of modular hobby that involves regularly making deals and sending a lot of packages back and forth, dealing with customs office, throwing stuff around in modulargrid and hoping for that one last piece of puzzle to appear et cetera. It used to be fun but now it's just time and money off stuff I really really consider important. Which is I'm just sort of hoping a good trade opportunity in the style of "hey, I have a system you like, and you have one I like, let's swap" will one day appear from nowhere.

(Which, as we know, never happens :hihi: )

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am

Yep! Very much looking forward to these new cases, although I'll be the first to admit that I'll probably be putting more MOTM modules into them than Modcan (but will need room for both formats, which these lovely new cases will make possible!).

Dude, I see the Control 66B was sold last night at about 2:17am -- I am extremely hopeful that YOU were the buyer! I remember some videos you posted years ago with your Modcan experiments and they were EXCELLENT! Modcan modules need more users like YOU!

I hope Bruce gets back to you with some positive news. Be great if he was still in the game with B series modules. They really are the all-time greatest for me (in my humble opinion, of course).

Scooter McCrae

cornutt
Fig juggler

Post by cornutt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:18 pm

I wonder if Bruce would agree to license some designs to someone else...
Sequence 15 -- sequence15.blogspot.com

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:15 am

Scooter McCrae wrote:Yep! Very much looking forward to these new cases, although I'll be the first to admit that I'll probably be putting more MOTM modules into them than Modcan (but will need room for both formats, which these lovely new cases will make possible!).

Dude, I see the Control 66B was sold last night at about 2:17am -- I am extremely hopeful that YOU were the buyer! I remember some videos you posted years ago with your Modcan experiments and they were EXCELLENT! Modcan modules need more users like YOU!

I hope Bruce gets back to you with some positive news. Be great if he was still in the game with B series modules. They really are the all-time greatest for me (in my humble opinion, of course).

Scooter McCrae
that control play was not mine. i did finally try but i was too late. i totally hope there is a happy healthy future picture for bruce and modcan and b series.

i don't feel super optimistic about the ordering/procurement potential. i am however looking at power supplies on ebay... :deadbanana:

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Damn! Sorry that wasn't you, Dude -- and apologies if I caused any mental distress by suggesting so. Just being hopeful and sending good vibes to you from afar, kind sir.

And yeah -- no matter what is the future of Modcan modules, I sincerely wish and hope for the best health for Bruce!

Happy 4th of July,

Scooter McCrae

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am

no worries mate! i hope i didn't come of as rude!

for sure would be nice just to know bruce was fully feeling like himself regardless of peripheral outcomes!

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Dude rude?!? Fuck no! Not even sure that's possible, kind sir, with your inspiringly sunny disposition!

This world needs more Modcan, more healthy and happy Bruce and neverending fun threads like these on Muffs!

Scooter McCrae

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Scooter McCrae wrote:Dude rude?!? Fuck no! Not even sure that's possible, kind sir, with your inspiringly sunny disposition!

This world needs more Modcan, more healthy and happy Bruce and neverending fun threads like these on Muffs!

Scooter McCrae
Yup! :tu: :party: Dude is a lover! :miley:

Hey, here's an old video of mine that features Modcan B modules and a Mellotron M4000D Rack, for Scooter and Dude! :hug:

[video][/video]

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:14 pm

i, today, officially, got the full normal and spiritual blessing from my wife to begin true seeking of the years planned b series system. so my heart has a special thing going on. the fire alights :deadbanana:

:modcan:

7thDanSound
Off patching

Post by 7thDanSound » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:26 am

Awesome to see you going back into modular dude! Been missing you. Accidentally, me too just got back into modular after a few years of just hard wired. Albeit with something completely different.

Videos will ensue, hopefully from us both, can't wait for yours sir!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 am

dude wrote:i, today, officially, got the full normal and spiritual blessing from my wife to begin true seeking of the years planned b series system. so my heart has a special thing going on. the fire alights :deadbanana: :modcan:
:party:

Hey, please list the modules/post a ModularGrid picture etc of the Modcan B system you are trying to put together. That way if one of us spots one of the modules for sale we can PM you about it? :tu:

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Dude, you obviously married the correctly chosen, most wonderful woman -- congratulations on that and onto getting back into Modcan B, my friend!

JLR, as always, a perfectly fantastic video to accompany a very fine piece of tunesmithery; thanks for sharing! You apparently use your Mellotron for far more musical purposes than I have in mind for mine. Thanks again for helping me make that purchasing decision; no regrets at all from my end.

Great way to start the weekend, gentlemen. Let the dreaming begin!

Scooter McCrae

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:02 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
dude wrote:i, today, officially, got the full normal and spiritual blessing from my wife to begin true seeking of the years planned b series system. so my heart has a special thing going on. the fire alights :deadbanana: :modcan:
:party:

Hey, please list the modules/post a ModularGrid picture etc of the Modcan B system you are trying to put together. That way if one of us spots one of the modules for sale we can PM you about it? :tu:
ur weesh ees:

so that's:
qual lfo , dual lfo, dual quantizer, dual vca, dual vdo, digi-delay and control

have found quantizer and thank god all most powerful of slopes-my favorite conceptual module of all time in it's (my chosen) simplest of implementations: dual lfo.

case is the hard point, oh and patience.

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm

7thDanSound wrote:Awesome to see you going back into modular dude! Been missing you. Accidentally, me too just got back into modular after a few years of just hard wired. Albeit with something completely different.

Videos will ensue, hopefully from us both, can't wait for yours sir!
we should chat soon and catch up, i have been meaning to try to do that for far too long now!!

7thDanSound
Off patching

Post by 7thDanSound » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:14 am

dude wrote: we should chat soon and catch up, i have been meaning to try to do that for far too long now!!
YES! The stars will align

Ulven
Common Wiggler

Post by Ulven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:43 am

So, how is the Modcan status today? Anyone have a hint? Any signs of movement?

I am getting a bit desperate for some more Modcan A racks and power.

Guess that might be at the absolute bottom of Bruces priority list if he is on his way back though :cry:

Well, I guess I'll place an order and see if I get any response...

Return to “5U Format Modules”