Modcan order

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

AnalogAssailant
Common Wiggler

Post by AnalogAssailant » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

Well, I guess I'll place an order and see if I get any response...
did you ever get a response?

BTG
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BTG » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:59 pm

i emailed and never got a response

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:55 pm

I don't think he'll do 5U ever again. I can't remember exactly where or how I heard it - it may have been a phone call or email I cant find - but he inferred that hand-making the quantities of 5U that were ordered from him over time was very hard on his health. And that's in addition to the health issues he already mentioned to us.

Also, the A faceplates were getting very hard to get. That's why a lot of A modules were discontinued or that certain B modules were never ported over to A. Also A was simply never as popular as B. Especially towards the end of 5U production.

Euro, of course, can continue because it's popular and he can farm out the production to others.

Ulven
Common Wiggler

Post by Ulven » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 am

AnalogAssailant wrote:
Well, I guess I'll place an order and see if I get any response...
did you ever get a response?
I never placed an order.

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:21 pm

i choose optimism.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:05 am

Aye.
Based on reality.

Duuuuude. Hope you're well.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

smitty.west
Common Wiggler

Post by smitty.west » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 am

I see it's been asked, but no real clear answer given...
I'm aware of Bruce's health issues, but I can't help but wonder what the current status of operations is. Is he training someone that'll be able to restart production of the A and B stuff? I don't mean to sound selfish, but it'd be a real shame to lose such terrific modules and I really do hope they go on.
I'm just really curious what's been going on. Will the brand be coming back?

Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Soviet Space Child » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm still dying to get my hands on some new Modcan A modules... :sadbanana:

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:49 am

so, i didn't want to overstep bounds of privacy but i have been chatting on/off with bruce. he welcomed my sharing of his info.

he is still on the mend and expects another year or two before the reemergence of large format availability. we were talking specifically b series so this doesn't necessarily cover a series but i would imagine if he would do one he would consider doing the other in some sense.

a barrier to his large format process is that he needs space to build, like a new shop in a house. he mentioned needing to buy a house and fuller rehab before he could start these things and a year or two years before those would be current events.

so this is why i stay optimistic. he knows people love and want his formats and he wants to be able to deliver. it is on his mind.

so hopefully we can all keep wishing bruce well and letting him know we are ready to order and help him buy a house and set up shop lol!!!!

:modcan:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:47 am

dude wrote:so, i didn't want to overstep bounds of privacy but i have been chatting on/off with bruce. he welcomed my sharing of his info.

he is still on the mend and expects another year or two before the reemergence of large format availability. we were talking specifically b series so this doesn't necessarily cover a series but i would imagine if he would do one he would consider doing the other in some sense.

a barrier to his large format process is that he needs space to build, like a new shop in a house. he mentioned needing to buy a house and fuller rehab before he could start these things and a year or two years before those would be current events.

so this is why i stay optimistic. he knows people love and want his formats and he wants to be able to deliver. it is on his mind.

so hopefully we can all keep wishing bruce well and letting him know we are ready to order and help him buy a house and set up shop lol!!!!

Thanks for the info! We love you, Bruce! :hug:

Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Soviet Space Child » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:51 pm

dude wrote:so, i didn't want to overstep bounds of privacy but i have been chatting on/off with bruce. he welcomed my sharing of his info.

That is great news! Thanks for the update! If given the choice between Modcan B or no 5u Modcan at all, I would gladly go B. Still hoping for some A format cases and modules though :banana: :nana: :banana:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Righteous. :sun:

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Soviet Space Child wrote:
That is great news! Thanks for the update! If given the choice between Modcan B or no 5u Modcan at all, I would gladly go B. Still hoping for some A format cases and modules though :banana: :nana: :banana:
he never liked doing case and power, only ever would be willing unless people bought whole systems plus he had trouble even getting some of the cases even when things were in in large format big swing. so it wouldn't surprise me if case/power was a longer ways of or maybe not ever. but that is totally just my assumption/speculation and definitely not direct or quoted.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:39 am

Great news all in all.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

smitty.west
Common Wiggler

Post by smitty.west » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:52 am

great news indeed.
i had the good fortune of meeting bruce in person a couple years ago to pick up my euro quad lfo as i'm local in toronto. i don't know a thing about electronics, but i'd be happy to volunteer my time and help him out in any capacity possible. an a (or b) system is a dream of mine- fingers crossed!

Scooter McCrae
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scooter McCrae » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Just jumping in here to share my love of Bruce and his incredible work in the modular world -- my life would not be the same without everything he has created and shared with all of us crazy audio hounds!

Looking forward to him being back in good health, safely living in his new home and continuing to create innovative sound shaping tools. Happy to see so many other people here sharing their best wishes as well.

Scooter McCrae

Ulven
Common Wiggler

Post by Ulven » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:00 am

Scooter McCrae wrote:Just jumping in here to share my love of Bruce and his incredible work in the modular world -- my life would not be the same without everything he has created and shared with all of us crazy audio hounds!

Looking forward to him being back in good health, safely living in his new home and continuing to create innovative sound shaping tools. Happy to see so many other people here sharing their best wishes as well.

Scooter McCrae
Agree with every word.

Be Sandy?
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Be Sandy? » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Scooter McCrae wrote:Just jumping in here to share my love of Bruce and his incredible work in the modular world -- my life would not be the same without everything he has created and shared with all of us crazy audio hounds!

Scooter McCrae
Modcan was my first manufacturer crush and remains so to this day. Agreed with every word you wrote.

AnalogAssailant
Common Wiggler

Post by AnalogAssailant » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Did Modcan's website get a slight update in the form of a new background colour, or am i just succumbing to hopeful thinking for renewed activity?

Be Sandy?
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Be Sandy? » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm

AnalogAssailant wrote:Did Modcan's website get a slight update in the form of a new background colour, or am i just succumbing to hopeful thinking for renewed activity?
I don't think it's changed from last time I looked up something there a few weeks ago so unfortunately it may be hopeful thinking. :sadbanana:

Plattform
Common Wiggler

Post by Plattform » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi there !

http://www.modcan.com/Info/info.html contact adress changed !

I exchanged emails few months ago with Bruce, and A format (B aswell I guess) will come back after the eurorack ones as soon as he can, this is not right now, but this is great news
WTB : Modcan A: 10.23.29.38.39.44.46.65.67

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Plattform wrote:Hi there !

http://www.modcan.com/Info/info.html contact adress changed !

I exchanged emails few months ago with Bruce, and A format (B aswell I guess) will come back after the eurorack ones as soon as he can, this is not right now, but this is great news
That is amazingly great news. And the modules part is cool too. :guinness:

tobb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tobb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:32 am

Awesome!

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 pm

if we buy his euro modules it will help him get back up to large formats.

thunderheart530
Common Wiggler

Post by thunderheart530 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Oh man I’d love to order a new set of a series. Let’s hope it’s true.
WTB/Trade Modcan A series or A series format modules.

Return to “5U Format Modules”