Buying/importing questions...Corsynth in the US

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Buying/importing questions...Corsynth in the US

Post by daveholiday » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:08 pm

I have done quite a bit of searching to see if there is a US distributor for Corsynth, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have been looking for a Roland type LP filter for some time and have loved all the demos I have heard of the C101 mk2.

I would like some input/feedback/advice from some fellow wigglers who have gone through the process of buying direct from Corsynth.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by daveholiday on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josaka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by josaka » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:20 pm

great.. I live in uk.. just bought 2 oscillators quality is superb.. super helpful ..contact is quick.. go for it.

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:21 pm

I picked up the C107 Quad VCA recently. The purchase was pretty straight forward. I used Pay Pal, not my favorite, but it seems what you have to use it when going direct to the manufacturer (I use it with dotcom also). There is no VAT since it's outside of the EU and the shipping was about what you'd expect to ship overseas - not cheap but definitely not a deal breaker. The module arrived sooner than expected and I'm very happy with it. I have no hesitation on buying direct from them again and most likely will. I'm eyeing an Odyssey of sound VCO.... (or three)....

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:35 pm

trentpmcd wrote:There is no VAT since it's outside of the EU and the shipping was about what you'd expect to ship overseas - not cheap but definitely not a deal breaker. The module arrived sooner than expected and I'm very happy with it. I have no hesitation on buying direct from them again and most likely will.
Thanks for the reply...I don't have much of a problem with paypal...used them a bunch with Roger as well! If I might poke you for a few more details...did you contact them for a shipping quote first? Also, if you don't mind sharing what the shipping was in your particular instance, would like to get an idea. (You may PM me if you don't want to tell all of muffs!)

Although, now that I think about it if you contact them for a final shipped price...I could just do that myself for a C101 mk2 to my door!

Thanks for the input...helps ease my mind about buying!

impaledfaith
Common Wiggler

Post by impaledfaith » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Pablo is one of the best manufacturers in the game right now. I own the odyssey vco as well as the divider and both arrived to my door about two weeks after placing my orders. He communication was impeccable and he was super appreciative of my enthusiasm for what he does.

I just pre ordered the dual vca and plan on another purchase again later in the year.
Hope that helps.

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:49 pm

daveholiday wrote:
trentpmcd wrote:There is no VAT since it's outside of the EU and the shipping was about what you'd expect to ship overseas - not cheap but definitely not a deal breaker. The module arrived sooner than expected and I'm very happy with it. I have no hesitation on buying direct from them again and most likely will.
Thanks for the reply...I don't have much of a problem with paypal...used them a bunch with Roger as well! If I might poke you for a few more details...did you contact them for a shipping quote first? Also, if you don't mind sharing what the shipping was in your particular instance, would like to get an idea. (You may PM me if you don't want to tell all of muffs!)

Although, now that I think about it if you contact them for a final shipped price...I could just do that myself for a C101 mk2 to my door!

Thanks for the input...helps ease my mind about buying!
I just used the website. The shipping was 23.50 Euros, as I said, about what you'd expect for overseas. And looking at the postage mark, it's all shipping, not "shipping and handling". The module is heavy and built like a tank. Only one small issue is the tracking number only works in Spain and didn't give me an estimate for US. Corsynth told me about 2 weeks but it was under a week, so not a big deal that I couldn't track it.

Go for it!

PeterDeVault
Common Wiggler

Post by PeterDeVault » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:43 pm

I just placed my second order with him. I live in Wisconsin. The first time, he had the modules in the mail within a couple days of placing my order (the website indicated correctly that they were in stock). A little over a week later, they were safely in my hands.

The second order looks like it will be just as easy. I ordered a couple days ago, and now have the tracking information telling me it's on its way.

Thalassa also sends prompt order and shipping confirmations, which is great. And others have already mentioned the absolute top-notch build quality. I wouldn't hesitate to order directly from his website.

Great guy, great products.
Working daily to improve my knowledge to gear ratio.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Corsynth is great to deal with from the USA and they make great products! :tu:

It would be nice if they worked out a dealership deal with Noisebug though since Noisebug is THE 5U dealer in the USA. :party: (Also AnalogueHaven sells some 5U like Happy Nerding :cloud: )

Squattamolie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Squattamolie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:21 pm

I've bought several modules from Pablo. First class all the way - communication, fast shipping, well packed, and _killer_ modules. Design, build quality, fit & finish, sound, all superb. :hail:

Jamnuska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jamnuska » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:05 pm

You guys don't get hit with duty?

I am close to ordering but I can add duty, federal tax, and provincial tax.

VinceL
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VinceL » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Jamnuska wrote:You guys don't get hit with duty?
My experience when ordering stuff from Europe has been that I have only paid import duty on expensive stuff that came via UPS. I don't think I've ever paid import duty on anything that came through the postal system.
VinceL

-------------------------------------------
To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: It's MU or No U

Lowgritt
Common Wiggler

Re: Buying/importing questions...Corsynth in the US

Post by Lowgritt » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:10 pm

daveholiday wrote:I have done quite a bit of searching to see if there is a US distributor for Corsynth, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have been looking for a Roland type LP filter for some time and have loved all the demos I have heard of the C101 mk2.

I would like some input/feedback/advice from some fellow wigglers who have gone through the process of buying direct from Corsynth.

Thanks in advance!
i ordered the odyssey of sound vco, dual env generator and the quad vca. Corsynth was totally reliable, well priced, and they're some of my favorite modules in my system

10/10

PeterDeVault
Common Wiggler

Re: Buying/importing questions...Corsynth in the US

Post by PeterDeVault » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Lowgritt wrote: 10/10
:hail:
Working daily to improve my knowledge to gear ratio.

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:46 am

Wow!

Thanks so much for all the feedback and information...While my rack is already full...I'm thinking about swapping my Q150 for the C101!!

Then again I could free up more space with the dual VCA coming out soon from Corsynth as well...

Jsharpphoto
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jsharpphoto » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:03 pm

I have several Corsynth modules. They are becoming my favorites. I have an almost full 88 space studio cabinet, with room for 3 more VCOs. I was going to get three more q106's, but i've been playing with the C104 that Pablo sent me to use for the VCO comparison video i'm working on, and it may have swayed my decision. I am not a ring mod fan, but the built in RM sounds amazing on this thing.

I'm in the planning stages of a portable 22 space system for travel, it MIGHT be a 100% corsynth system. Still ironing out the details.

Shipping from Southern Europe (corsynth/club of the knobs) takes approximately 10 days to reach me in Texas.

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:02 am

Dammit....never should have asked....

The C104 could potentially replace my Q106 and ring mod freeing up a space. The new dual VCA could free up another space as well.

I remember when I screwed the last module in place and said...hmmmm it'sfull, I must be done...

TimeRaveler
Wiggling with Experience

Post by TimeRaveler » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:37 am

I've ordered from them a few different times, always a great experience - fast shipping, and helpful replies from Pablo!

Squattamolie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Squattamolie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:34 pm

daveholiday wrote:I remember when I screwed the last module in place and said...hmmmm it'sfull, I must be done...
HA HA HAHahahaha heh hehhe hehha hahaha heh..........

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:58 pm

LOL :yay:

Thalassa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Thalassa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 am

Hello guys , I've been really busy and away from the computer for a few days and I've missed this thread. Thanks a lot for your comments they mean a lot. I'm really happy to see so many happy customers / friends together :hail: :hail:

@daveholiday

The reason that I'm not working with dealers for my MU format modules is that the market is not as big as Eurorack and I'm trying to keep the prices as low as possible. I wouldn't be able to keep the businesses running if I start to work with dealers with my current prices.

And about the tracking info, it's a problem with USPS. The tracking info works perfectly in all countries around the world but USA ( and some times Australia ). USPS stops offering tracking few month ago for all "First Class International shipments". The tracking info is updated until the package left Spain. The shipping costs to get tracking in USA are much more expensive and only worthwhile for orders of 600-800€ or more. The good news is during all this years only one package get lost , and it was in Germany ( the customer give me a wrong address ).

And for all you guys that wants to buy the C104 Odyssey of Sound VCO , just let you know , that only one left from the last bach so it will be out of stock for two / three months. So if you want it now you know what to do :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Again , thanks a lot for your comments, you just made my day :)

jmcecil
low order biterness

Post by jmcecil » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:49 pm

@OP If it makes you feel any better I had a module he shipped go MIA. After we gave it an extra week, he just shipped me a 2nd one at no cost to me. A few days AFTER the 2nd module arrived, the first one finally made it's appearance. Which I then shipped back.

The point is that Pablo was easy to deal with and took care of stuff in an above and beyond fashion. I would buy from him any time (assuming cash reserves are in order :moneyburn: ). Great modules + Great service.
music noun, often attributive
: personal interpretation of ones auditory experience beyond basic sound recognition
: anything that makes your parents say "turn that shit down"

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Just placed my order for the C101 mk2 filter and a dual VCA module! Thanks to all who gave feedback including you Pablo!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:35 pm

And an FYI for people in the USA, or I guess all of North America, Corsynth is now sold through Noisebug and they have many different modules in stock!!! :party: :goo: :tu: :goo: :party:

http://www.noisebug.net/site/corsynth/index.cfm?ID=1

Thalassa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Thalassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:56 am

daveholiday wrote:Just placed my order for the C101 mk2 filter and a dual VCA module! Thanks to all who gave feedback including you Pablo!
Thanks to you for your order :hail: :hail:
JohnLRice wrote:And an FYI for people in the USA, or I guess all of North America, Corsynth is now sold through Noisebug and they have many different modules in stock!!! :party: :goo: :tu: :goo: :party:

http://www.noisebug.net/site/corsynth/index.cfm?ID=1
Thanks for share it :)

Minimoog56
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Minimoog56 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 am

Pablo is the best - excellent value and quality builds/sound.
Beatniks and Bongos/Bagels and Bongos/Buchlas and Bongos...

de gustibus....

Return to “5U Format Modules”